Red Hill Ute Muster Jan 8th (VIC)

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
mini_kompressor

Hi everyone, been awhile. Sorry about the late notice (been pre-occupied with other stuff happening) but as the post states next weekend is the Red hill Country Music Festival and Ute Muster. Gav, Kev, Louise and myself had a cracker time there last year, so was planning to go again. Gates open at 8am, utes can enter from then so was planning to leave from the usual meet place, Eastland lower carpark, at say around 7am so as to get a good possie in the ute muster area. All welcome, any info visit the website http://www.redhillcmf.org.au/hotrods.html . Its also a Hotrod show, so if anyone out there wants to bring their rod instead, then by all means do so. Will see you all at the meet spot :thumbup2: , any questions pm me (ill try to reply asap)
KEVIN

Hi All :wave: Looking forward to another enjoyable day. We will be taking a small (Fit in a mightyboy size) BBQ (fire bans permitting) anybody who wants to use it will be most welcome, to save spending a fortune on overpriced food. Hope to see a few faces & cars for a fun social day
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Tez

Hi Guys...
I was planning on taking the 'boy for a short squirt to my Brother-in-law's farm in the Mallee (I'm thinking about 5 hours driving each way at MB speeds) on the 3rd and stay until the 8th... But I might make the effort to come home on the 7th instead, so I can participate this year, seeing as I missed it last year... :)
Tez
So the adventure continues...
KEVIN

Hope you can make it Tez :thumbup2:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Trav

I think I will come down and catch up with you guys.

See you there.
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
mini_kompressor

On ya Tez :thumbup2: hope to see you at the meetup, and hope to see you there Trav. The more the merry.
Tez

An early (7:00am!) start saw four cars brave the rain to meet at Eastlands this morning. Gavin rolled into the car park WITHOUT his co-pilot present. (This is a rare sight on a MB cruise) but was quick to explain that a small detour along the way would enable us to collect Kevin and his BBQ :)

Since we were there SO early, (The place was still locked!) and no possibility of the obligatory Coffee, we set off for Kevin's place a few minutes later.

About thirty minutes down the road, Gavin took us on a small detour to Kev's place where, we found the man, ready to go WITH BBQ and all necessaries. We quickly loaded same into the cars (and Kev!) and we on our way again. Only 5 minutes later we stopped again so Coffee's could be bought! :D

Back on the road, we traveled South toward Red Hill, through intermittent showers, and the day seemed to offer little. About 8:30am we arrived at the Red Hill Showgrounds and found a nice place to "set up camp". The most recent shower had only just stopped, so we quickly set up a tarp under a convenient tree - a sure way of ensuring no more rain would fall for the day! :)
IMG_6165a.jpg
Some time shortly after, Trav appeared in front of us and spent the day, in spite of the fact that his car is still (by his own words) a long way from being on the road.

We settled in for a pleasant day, as the sun persistently tried to break through the clouds, and watched the procession of classic cars of all sorts slowly roll into the showgrounds and build in number as the morning progressed. Many people wandered by and asked us about our cars and several took photos.

Simply bringing your vehicle into the showgrounds was deemed automatic entry in the judging, and so we were keen to see what competition we were up against in the classes of "Most Feral Ute" (None of us wanted that title!) "Street Ute" and "Chick's Ute".

The rain, having stopped just about as we arrived, never returned for the remainder of the day... The sun finally managed to break through the clouds late morning, and the day just got better and better.

Lunchtime arrived and so Kev set up his BBQ and those of us that brought something to cook did so...
IMG_6166a.jpg
Soon after lunch, we were visited by one of the organisers who, subtly suggested we might like to hang around for the awards presentation later in the day... :-o

After lunch we wandered into the main area to partake of the country music on offer, and the sun soon reminded us that without cloud cover, this WAS Summer.

About 3:00 pm, the same organiser wandered up to us, and asked Louise if she could accompany him to the awards tent - "Best Chick's Ute" to the Red Mighty Boy! - Well done Louise!
IMG_6170a.jpg
IMG_6172a.jpg
About 4:00pm we decided we'd make our way back up the peninsula toward home...

Yet another great day - started out looking like it was going to be a fizzer, but we were rewarded for our persistence, and Louise even came away with a trophy for her efforts!

Thanks Kev for providing the BBQ! - It worked a treat and provided for a cheap day too - no need to buy overpriced crappy food from fast-food vendors...
Tez
So the adventure continues...
KEVIN

Another great day well covered by Tez. Looks like the BBQ could become a regular part of the touring party, glad to help out guys. Congratulations to LOUISE (Twinkee) for winning best chicks ute (well deserved) & to GAV (MYDBOY) for winning Top Import at the Shepparton Springnats. Looking forward to another outing before Albury :D~
Attachments
1325997047777.jpg
NICE WORK LOUISE
NICE WORK LOUISE
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Twinkee

Well where to start...... I would like to thank Ben for cleaning my car for me :D :D :D and the then the guys Gav, Tez, Ben, Kev for voting for me and wellllllll ok to be honest with u I was the only chick ute at the show so kind of won by what some would call default. LOL... But to me a WIN is a WIN either way.. thanks heaps guys. :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: made my day. Was a good day had by all a great way to spend my last day of my two weeks of from work. :D :D :D
What more can I say, I own a Red MIGHTY BOY
(2 speed auto 1988)