Come and visit us...

Chat about anything and everything.
spaner

Hi guys,

First time posting here after finding your great site and reading about your great members here. A lot of information on the F6a and boosting in general. I see a current build in progress with the F8b and amr500 switched to amr300. Didn't want to hijack that thread, just wanted to invite you to check out us Canadians and a few from the US @minitrucktalk.com. All trucks are imported as used units direct from japan, but some great info on the F6a and a lot about the backyard upgrades stuff.
The big difference that I see is that here you seem to do a lot with the motors and power, and over there, we do just about everything else. I don't think that a singe member of ours has done an engine swap.

Will an F8b bolt right up to an F6a bell housing(transmission)?
I've already read that the intake manifold will cross, and it does look like the same engine(kinda) leaning over on it's side, just like the F6a....that'd be a fun project for one of our members. :baby:

Anyway, thought that I could help a little with that amr500 boosting build as I finished mine a while back on my 94 carry F6a; custom clutch drive(no bov)amr500. It's in the performance section of our site. Some videos too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XS6ubLF ... AAAAAAAEAA

It was a lot of fun, almost sad to see it done.

Great site, drop by minitrucktalk and check us out.
Karu

arklan

its all carrys and no mighty boys :(
spaner

You're right, no Mightyboy's, but a few F5A's and a lot of F6A teck info.
Your fourm has a lot of good teck info guys here aswell, and I'd love to see a bit of cross cultured info trade.
Like the fact that I get the vibe from this forum that guys would rather have an F6A swap over an F8B. Strange, cu'z the guys over there think that bigger cc's are better, we'd just shave the heads and generaly mod it out...
Sometimes it's nice to get a different perspective on things from guys that have a hands on type of experience, from a different cultured point of view.
To give you an idea of the difference, if I had one of these Mightyboys, I'd want to install an F5A "mirrored" rear transaxle to build an all wheel drive, four wheel steer outback buggy.
That might even be offensive, not sure. I just know that it seems to be the perfect platfourm for such a build, and Canadians would think that it was way cool. Body lift and 27" studded tires. :NFI: