Throttle body upgrade f6a

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Brayden

Oh yeah of course, forgot to mention that I'll share the info. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
stevan_istheman

As for TB size, im more interested in something thats easy to get parts for...
Silicon piping is getting difficult to get in anything under 2" so if i can make use of 2.00 - 2.50 inch pipe, it easier.
Also, many TB's have 60mm square bolt patters these days so swapping them around to a smaller/larger unit and joiner is a breeze.

I've also seen upto 90mm TBs used on anything from 1.8 - 4.0L so i really dont think the TB is going to be a big issue. Id rather not have a choke point out where i could have fixed any issues.

People get scared about air velocity running into an engine but in boosted engines is there a problem? I wouldnt think so.
Big TB means slow air velocity and less air into the engine,
Smaller TB gives a more rapid speed into the manifold/ports depending on your setup.
On N/A engines anyway. :wink:

So yeah... dunno what you guys think but thats my line of thinking. :)
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
benny

Hey steve what cams u going to be running?
grant4561

As above flow testing is obviously the best to determine what's required.
I decided not to as after researching a lot of heavily modified Japanese F6A cappo's (Fighter Engineering, etc.) most of them retain the standard one.
stevan_istheman

benny wrote:Hey steve what cams u going to be running?
Massive ones... lol

No idea yet, need to work out if i'll stay with the stock rods (i think i will) or go to billet units. Then i'll work out cam, then intake and TB.. Oh and theres gonna be a mains girdle in there somewhere too..
Just because i've got access to a CNC mill, why not use it?
BAL4 Designs
benny

Are u getting brand new cams or regrind? A mains girdle to, isn't that a bit overkill or is that a I can so I will type of thing, ha ha
stevan_istheman

benny wrote:Are u getting brand new cams or regrind? A mains girdle to, isn't that a bit overkill or is that a I can so I will type of thing, ha ha
More of a i can so i will... haha!
Prolly regrind, billet is too much hard work. Gonna go to tighe cams in brissy and see what they can do for me.
BAL4 Designs
benny

Ha ha that's fair enough mate, on another note, just want to say thanks to everyone for there input/opinions on this topic so far
Rogue_Works

hey benny, if you are keen on a throttle body, i have a few i'm willing to part with for a reasonable price... just another option for you when the time comes.

35mm
45mm
55mm
60mm

some of them are missing bits and pieces but i 'm pretty sure i have enough to make any of the throttle bodies whole and working

on a side note, cant say about other models, but between the k6a throttle and the few nissan throttles i have laying around, the accelerator doo dads are

also, my late input, hanging around a workshop that had a k6a in an off road buggy, bored out to 750cc (not stroked) running 120hp at the rear tyres... the BIG rear tyres. they ran a 60mm throttle body and their only restriction was how much torque the gearbox could handle.
"c'mon guys, it's not that small"
benny

Thanx rogue, will keep that in mind for sure, I should be bringing the buzz box back home shortly, 750cc out of a k6a, wasn't aware they had enough meat on them to go that big without stroking, were they running a custom manifold on the buggy?
Rogue_Works

the buggy was running custom inlet and exhaust manifolds with an sr20de throttle body, i have the inlet but its useless on a car (i.e. will stick out the bonnet!) but yeah, there is barely enough meat, as a matter of fact, the engine lunched itself when it dropped a bore, i have the engine in my garden shed actually haha, a later project perhaps :twisted:

oh and i stuffed up, it was 770cc, using a mish mash of renault and suzuki internals i believe (of all things)

also, with throttle size, this engine was built for wide open throttle almost constantly.
"c'mon guys, it's not that small"
benny

Sounds like the buggy was a bit of a weapon, lol, yeah somehow I don't think I will be needing the throttle to be wide open constantly, lol
benny

Just looked at the links goofy put up and correct me if I'm wrong but it appears they running standard tb and manifold in that race rocket, that's very interesting