Carry G13BB engine replacement

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
cam

Hi guys
Just about to help a mate change his dead engine in his 2000 Carry G13BB.

Having trouble tracking down a reco or used G13bb carry engine.
Can I use a g13bb Jimny engine and just change the sump and manifolds to suit the slanted position in the carry?

also any tips/ guides on pulling the engine out? Never pulled an engine out of a van! looks cramped as.

thanks for any help

You best rebuild it if possible or buy a conversion kit for the box and fit a g16b engine from a baleno but few have done it and there is quite some work involved in one of the engine mounts or both and you need a new sump and pickup from an APV which come with the g16aid engines.
Tez

Hey Cam!
How's the 'boy liking Crocodile country? :)
Tez
So the adventure continues...
cam

Hi Tez,
Yep, Im sure the F8b would love an intercooler one day soon in this heat. As for crocs, cant believe how many there are up here. They pop up when you least expect it while fishing for barra off the banks. I take the MB for a blast every few weeks but need to jump through some hoops for engineering and rego. Taking the engine out at the moment to tidy it up and fix a few leaks.

As for my mates carry, looks like it will be a headache. There is no room to do anything around the engine bay. cant even pull sparkplugs without tools fowling on the chasis.
Im going to pull out the engine and see if I can actually find what happened.

He was driving at 100kw/hr when there was a big metalic bang, car now runs on 3 and oil is leaking out the bottom (but its not a piston out of the block or sump damage).
Will hopefully pin point the point where the oil is leaking on the weekend to try and see if the engine is salvagable

cheers

Cam