MY BOYS STARLET PROJECT!

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Agesilli

Hey guys looking at a 97 Toyota Starlet (complete drive line) Gunna try and put the enigine in the Boy and turbo the shit out of it haha

What are your thoughts?
Kartman

My thoughts- get a tape measure as the space in any other vehicke is like a wizards sleeve compared to a mightyboy. Let us know what the tape measure told you so others can benefit.
Brayden

My thoughts? Ain't gonna fit and wouldn't be legal if it did.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Massive job, can be done(seen it). Better off with swift gti motor, dont cross breed :P. Do you have a spare 8g for fabrication costs? lol
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Kartman

Ever tried to fit a meat pie into a sardine can?

Why not do a ute conversion to the starlet?
Agesilli

Legal or not legal, doesn't really phase me, money isn't the issue. I just wanted to know
If anyone had done this before I attempt it!

If someone can fit a v8 in a mighty boy sure as hell I'll fit the starlet motor
In!!
Brayden

Well of course anything will fit if you don't care if it is legal.
Billie

On the basis of v8 fitting then starlet motor will, really couldn't be more wrong. East west vs north south. Also sat on another cars chassis.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Agesilli

Mb back from the panel shop, mods have been made to fit the (apparently} impossible engine, chasis has been strengthened, custom drive shafts have been made and all wiring and fuel lines are complete now to put this sucker together and burn some rubber at calder park...

get ready to see the first 10 second (minimum) mighty boy hahahahah
zeek73

Ooookay, I can hardly wait for the photo's of this conversion. As for a 10sec mighty boy don't worry about it being the fastest mighty boy, one would think that you may have; at the very least Australia's fastest front wheel drive vehicle. Not a bad achievement in such a short period of time and one for which I'll be waiting with baited breath. :D
Cheers
Pete
Agesilli

pretty sure that white starlet going around ran a 9.80!! but with a similar set up and lighter car lets hope we can do a little faster than that haha
zeek73

Apologies for last post, it was one which did hold a certain amount of sarcasm. Mate seriously all the best with your endevours, though I just cannot comprehend a street registered 10 sec mighty boy, Fwd. Short of the 13B boys Rwd there is VERY few 10 sec cars driving the streets today and when we talk times like these its not just Hp and weight, as they say "it has to all hook up".
Pete
Brayden

Talk is cheap. :P I'll be convinced when I see the slip. :burnout:
Psi_Wagon

haha sounds like it'll be a weapon mate!

make sure you chuck some pics up in here. On the topic of 10sec cars, there not really that uncommon, i have one myself although its not one of my mightyboys.
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Billie

I know someone who has the starlet gt motor in his. So you will be 2nd fastest :) Pics to prove, i know the amount of work needed,its crazy. Hardly worth it, to much weight makes it understeer and cant fit tyres wide enough to cope with power. I call bull on this.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝