Engine pulleys.

Chat about anything and everything.
sideways

Hey guys.

I come from a different part of Suzuki world, I own 2 LJ81s and a 1 litre Sierra. :)

The LJs have F8a engines and the Sierra has an F10a.

What I'm wanting to do is fit power steering (and thus a pump) to the Sierra (and later, the LJ). The only way I can see this working is if I have a dual row pulley(or a really complex idler pulley set up, but that would suck). I know the F8a has a 24mm internal bore pulley and I'l assume the Sierra and the 3 cyl motors do too, thus I figure you guys are the best people to ask.

What I want to know is where I could find a dual row pulley to fit? How was the A/C run in MightyBoys?

Also, if anyone has one they want to sell, please let me know! :wink:

Thanks

Hayden
Brokenshire

Sorry Hayden, no air-con in the mighty boys. I can't speak for any other engine transplants though.
When I grow up I will be a LM002!
Brayden

Some MightyBoys (and Hatch/Altos) had aircon and a double pulley. Pretty sure they're the same fitment as an F8A/F10A. These pulleys are getting pretty rare though.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

The early G10a going into my MB has a dual pulley too. May also be worth looking at another single pulley bolting in tandem with what you already have or change everything over to the modern multi grove 'S'-belt (yes, could be more expense unless you can machine your own pulleys).
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Colin

i have a few double a/c mightyboy pulleys heredive me your shaft size and ill check there the same
MORE BEER! :beer: