Just purchased holden scurry/carry

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
carrykid

It is a 1985, with a 1L 5 speed motor.

I am about to do the timing belt on it since it just clicked over 200,000 and need it for a daily for awhile.

I have been doing a bunch of research on what motor to put into these and have not found much. What motor do you guys suggest something around the 120kw mark? Also can you tell me other big things I need to change such as sump, gear box and diff?

Cheers heaps for any help.
havabeer

125kw.... by the pubes of jesus

your stock 1ltr f10a produces like 33kw or there abouts. unless your planing on a fancy conversion 125kw ATW is a fair endevour especially for a top heavy car like a carry.
NozMonkeys

If you really want easy power put a rotor in it. The next option would be a g series engine (turbo). Also a worked f6a engine is an option as the japan market like to get power out of these engines.

There is a lot of work involved unless your going carbie. Engine mounts, fuel pump/lines, wiring, cooling system, sump modification etc etc....

There are some rotary guys still running the stock diff. Ideally you wouldn't want to put a 2 wheeler diff in as it'l be extremely dangerous. A higher ratio diff yes.

There's 2 write ups on this forum, mine k10a engine(nobody knows anything about this engine) http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... =21&t=5048 and another guy with a g15a that he has extensively modified( a lot better swap, more power) http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... =21&t=2744.

Real through those then decide. I've spend over $5000 in total on my van including buying it.
carrykid

Yeah i was thinking about 5k for a budjet. I have heard of a beams motor or a swift GTi motor. Thanks for the help hopefully I can start this build up in the next few months. Gotta source some wheels for now.