5 speed into 2 stroke carry?

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
jamiec

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if the 4 stroke carry vans 5 speed gearbox will bolt upto the lj50 2 stroke engine? As i would very much like to fit a 5 speed box into my old van i know there maybe differant mounts needed for the box etc.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers Jamie
gadj

Don't know for certain if it is possible however I sold an lJ50 engine some years back to a bloke who wanted it for his Carry. I lost contact but happened on him a couple of years back - the engine was a goer but I don't know which box he used.
I would expect to need an adaptor plate & custom clutch set-up, also need to consider gearing (how do the ratios compare).
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
jamiec

Anyone have the gear ratio's for the 5 speed box?
I have also been thinking about fitting the diff from an lj50 4wd if the 5 speed is not going to work out well as the diff ratio from the 4wd is 4.875 v the carry vans 5.571
and this will help lower the rpms on the highway and i might evan be able to get it to 100 klm/h :-o without going down hill :lol: