F5A Alternator Question

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
RetroHatch

Anyone know if the bearings in the Alternator can be swapped out. Mine are noisey and I'm counting down the days when they completely flog out....
Tailgating my Hatch doesnt increase the horsepower of the F5A
Brayden

Bearings can be replaced but it's easier to get a 2nd hand replacement ( or new if you can afford it.) either way they're common as duck shit, and about as cheap 2nd hand. :P
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Costs about 40 to replace bearings, need a puller to do it. Very simple. Have one large bearing and one small, from memory the large one is at the back.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
RetroHatch

Cool Cheers guys.
I had a look at the alternator on mine and its different to the picture in the catalogue on the Repco site. Is the F5A alt different to the F8A alt? wondering if someone has swapped it.... Either that or repco is wrong or I have a completly different alternator. Either way, I think i'll just get another one, that way I can pull apart the noisey one when I'm bored, I might learn something :-o
Billie

f8b hatch uses external reg, mighty boy uses internal. I fitted at ef falcon one to my old mb. Worked good, 110 amps :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
RetroHatch

Yeah I've been reading about that. Any help with a bit more detail on the bracket modification? is it the angle, length or height that needs modified?
Billie

Have to make a whole new bracket, length and height.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝