Nano-technology

Chat about anything and everything.
Karu

I thought I would inform the members that think nano- technology (Archoil) is snake oil that today my F10A engine clicked over 330,000 km. When you consider I drive many kilometres everyday and always rev line it in all gears except 5th because to do so I will lose my licence. It does not use oil and I rarely have to use the brakes because the compression is so great. I must admit it does lose water somewhere but obviously with the lack of friction the temp gauge will never go past 1/4. Last night I had to put in 1.5 litres, I would never had known unless I checked it.

I have truck mechanics using it because it works. They love it! Actually, I was surprised they use it in customers trucks and when I mentioned this they replied that if it is the choice of removing a huge engine, gearbox or diff they much prefer to save the time and effort and use Archoil. No truck has been returned where they used it.

Only another 170.000km before I remove my excellent F10A and use it as an exhibition piece. Karu
gadj

Vehicle efficiency is totally governed by friction. Anything that reduces friction will allow energy to be used for motivation rather than wasted as heat. I like the idea of cutting friction (where appropriate) & also extending service intervals.
My biggest bugbear with products like this is the initial cost - I was looking at something like it at The Brisbane Truck Show some years back - 2 litres was $85.00. Sure it would save me money down the track but when you're already struggling to dig up enough for fuel & wondering how far past the next service interval the car will be before oil can be bought... it's a lot of money to get started.
I might be interested to hear more.... PM or other wise.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Billie

I drove my festiva for 2 weeks without coolant (put 4 litres in it) and temp gauge never went over a quarter, havnt changed oil in god knows when, always limiter it, all cv's are clicking, always compression brake and it just uses whatever is cheapest from supercheap (when I can be bothered servicing it). It is after all a festiva, but wont ever die, will most likely out live most cars on the road. No nano oil in it. Also has a 5 inch cannon and fully sick pod filter. Paid 1200 for it 2 years ago and have only paid for fuel and rego. Best car ever, never sell it. Soo it is possible to do the exact thing with dirty oil? Since the last time you posted this, I have talked to many mechanics (time attack) and other work shops. It just doesnt make sence, oil has no control over the burning of the fuel. Better luck with using a hotter type plug. What you could do is get two exact cars, run them both on standard oil, do emissions test, then run one with your oil, see if it changes? If it doesn't then well sorry.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
courierguy

Here we go again...BOOOORING :roll:
Brayden

Despite my better judgment I'm going to weigh in on this discussion. :doh:

Karu the evidence you give in support of the products you endorse is anecdotal at best, and I could provide equally thin arguments to refute every one of your claims. If you want to win over the skeptics then the best thing you could do is back up your statements with hard data.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Karu

Brayden, I am not trying to sell it to you or any other member, I am just saying that it works and I am very happy with it. Billie, it is not an oil, it uses the oil as a carrier. And Courierguy, I am sorry if my excitement of my 970cc engine reaching 330,000km bores you!
Billie

My mb has 400k my old rodeo had 380k. No nano in there.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
courierguy

My little 543cc auto engine is reaching 350k..I'm excited :D
Karu

But, are they faster and go better than new. My old man knows mine it does because he bought it new and drove it for 23 years. "This van now has more power than my 2009 Nissan Micra." His words!
Billie

It's physically impossible for an oil to give a power increase that you would notice. What's 0-100 times with a vid to prove? It really does just make me laugh.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
mini_kompressor

As a mechanic I would love to weigh in on this, but id better not. Think ill just sit back and watch.
Brayden

Karu wrote:But, are they faster and go better than new. My old man knows mine it does because he bought it new and drove it for 23 years. "This van now has more power than my 2009 Nissan Micra." His words!
Pretty obvious you're just trolling for reactions. Archoil gives a 40kw increase in power? Please.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Fully sick pod filter gives me extra 60kw at the front wheels :snigger:
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

Lol, it's what that pod feeds that gives the extra power over standard. Slick 50 has stacks of documentation supporting its benefits but I wouldn't use it - coats the internals with Teflon (a problem in its own right).
I'm sure most of us are aware of oil additives (stabilisers/friction modifiers etc.) already in any engine oil you choose - they have to be there to increase the life of the oil in high temperatures & so on. Many post purchase additives simply just do the same job as what is already in the oil (unless the oil is near its service life when breakdown of those additives occurs).
I am not a total sceptic however when I go looking for more info regarding this sort of product, I need to see reports (or references to) by chemical engineers/Professors & the like. Anecdotal evidence is "average Joe says..." Hard evidence comes in report form from studies done by professionals in the field of required expertise.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Billie

Pod filters are proven to make sfa over stock air box, just gives the awesome sucking noise on accel. Which makes the illusion that you are going faster. Fooled me until i did 0-100 tests.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝