Wanted : Steel Heater Pipe

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
gZerO

Hey guys

Chasing the steel heater pipe that goes around the bottom of the engine. Connects the rubber heater hose from the water inlet housing on the side of the block to the rubber hose that goes to the heater box. Mine's rusted out. Would prefer local (South Aus) but if no-one local has one in good condition i'll have to get one posted from interstate (if anyone in australia has one in good condition they'll give up :P)

On the final straight now, started the engine sunday night for first time after rebuild...

Cheers
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
gZerO

just been told there's one new in melb, genuine suzuki part... if this is correct, i won't be needing a second hand one ;)
gadj

Short of a genuine part being avail, I would simply find a reputable custom exhaust shop & get a custom stainless one built. The original is similar tube so shouldn't be hard to do.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
havabeer

yep or goto any matal fabrication place/engineering shop. two bends in a bit of stainless pipe should cost you stuff all
gZerO

Well, got the new bit from Suzuki in the City (ADL) must have been sitting a while, it came in a sealed plastic bag yet it still had surface rust inside it. Bit poor for a new genuine part, but it could have been made years ago :P It's almost like they rust treat the outside, but not the inside past an inch or two from the openings...

I feel sorry for anyone trying to get genuine bits for a Super Carry from Suzuki... if they stock it at all in Aus, I've prolly bought the only one they keep in Australia of whatever part you're chasing :P

Still after a good cond front bar, a good left sunvisor, a full grey interior in good condition (dreaming) and a brown interior steering column shroud (jap steering columns are about 2-3 inches shorter, so as a result so is the shroud - use on aust market column = gap between dash and shroud :P ). Some seats (local) that haven't been pissed all over by mice would be nice to save me cleaning the ones i have, too...

If I can work out how to upload images I might chuck some photos up. Hoping to be on the road within a fortnight :)
havabeer

hey mate i have a front bar here.

and when you say interior are you talking about inside door panels or the dash/console bit. coz i have an entire gray dash/console bit as well.

have quite a few spares if your after some bits and pieces, will throw up some pics later or tomorrow and can let me know if they're what your after and can work out a price
gZerO

Basically a full grey interior, door cards, dash, console etc... the ute had grey interior in it when I got it, but a few bits were very 2nd rate, esp. the steering wheel (gap top and bottom) and steering column shroud (gone all powdery). The brown interior in the jap donor ute I bought was in good condition including the steering wheel, so I put that in, despite the minor differences. Just means I have a gap between the dash and the column shroud (and the whole lot is poo brown >:( ) While it's not a huge issue, I prefer the grey and wouldn't mind changing it over at some stage...

The front bar and sunvisor are prolly a bit more important. My left sunvisor must be somewhere in Qld, as it never came with the ute, and the front bar is dented on both corners, and in the middle, and the plastic is so sun affected that the dents wont pop out, the plastic just cracks.

Let me know what you've got and how much you want, and we'll sort something out.

cheers
Lyndon