Mighty Boy Registration ... how much do you pay?

Chat about anything and everything.
djflex

I have owned several Qld Registrated MB's and 1 x alto. I noticed the insurance component on the Alto was cheaper as they considered it a 'Panel Van'. With the mighty boy they are asking $628.85 per year!

Does this sound right? When I asked them why it cost more than alto with the same motor they informed me it was because it was a 'Ute' Seriously how can you charge us the same rate as a big holden or ford when our tray is smaller than most boots??

So let us know what you pay per year and what state you are registered in so we can see a comparison.

QLD - 87 Mighty boy $628.85 12 months

breakdown:

CTP Insurance $359.80 (alianz Australia)
Registration fee $220
Traffic improvement fee $48.85
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
George A Romero - Father of Zombie Films
Brayden

My rego is about $772 a year, but we only have one CTP provider (NRMA) so they gouge a fair bit. Ute is classified as a "light truck" as it has a load-carrying area, but charged as a sedan for some reason.

Breakdown is:
$227 rego
$16 road rescue fee
$2 road safety contribution
$526.60 CTP

I suspect the CTP component is so high because we have a lot of rich muppet drivers with very good lawyers.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Breyten

I'll check when I get home, but think 12 months was about $350ish
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
gadj

Qld. charges 3 cyls as for 4 so I pay less for my turbo diesel Jackaroo than the MB. Previous owner had it reg'd as a sedan - the local Government Agent officer had to argue with Qld Transport that she was looking at a ute.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..