G13b conversion

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Wharfin

Really? We measured everything up a few times and can squeeze it in. It's a 15-20 mil gap
Billie

What tape measure were you using? My 660 four cylinder has 10mm each side.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Wharfin

Just a 5 meter standard tape measure. What tape measure do you use Bill?
Brayden

Wharfin wrote:Really? We measured everything up a few times and can squeeze it in. It's a 15-20 mil gap
My F8B turbo has 0mm clearance at the front to the panel under the grille. I had to hack out some metal to make room - and the turbo I'm using is hardly bigger than your fist. Trust me, the guys who do turbo conversions on MK1 Swifts have clearance issues, and an MB engine bay is substantially smaller. If a mini is any comparison on engine bay size a G13B turbo conversion requires relocating the radiator to the boot, and the turbo mounted on top of the gearbox.

Of course there's still the issue of the G13B being too wide for the engine bay as well.

I think you're seriously underestimating the amount of work involved! (There's a reason the G13B isn't a common conversion.) That being said, best of luck if you choose to take it on. :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Wharfin

Cheers Brayden, I'm still looking was thinking of doing a highly modified f6a conversion but have no idea where to get one :/

I was aware of relocating radiator battery etc.
Billie

Use f6a with f8b gearbox. One custom engine mount and no custom shafts
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

Wharfin wrote:Cheers Brayden, I'm still looking was thinking of doing a highly modified f6a conversion but have no idea where to get one :/.
Adelaide Jap should have something suitable. If not there's always Import Monster.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Wharfin

Change of plans. I had an engineer come to the work shop today and told me what and how I had
To do to go about getting a g13b in! He said if
I followed he's instructions and reinforced the chassis and framework he'd be happy to sign off on it. Hoping to start the grinding tomorrow haha
Breyten

Good luck!

Very interested to know how you go about/engineer advised reinforcing the chassis, etc.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
Billie

Remember the 120mm staggered join.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Wharfin

Staggered joins were the main topic of
Discussion but we came to an agreeance on how to work with-in the engineers guides.
Tez

Best of luck with the build - should be a weapon when it's done...
Not too many have attempted a 13b conversion.

Can you please take lots of photos along the way? - interest points - things your engineer wants you to add/change/strengthen etc., the good bits and the things that give you grief.

For our part, we'll sit back in awe and amazement at your engineering prowess and some of us can/will comment and assist if we can! :thumbup2:

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...