rims: size, customize etc

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Husky

bigmaddz wrote:only one i can find. i like big rims always look nice
big rims are fine :) , but the total rolling diameter is the issue. if you want 14 inch rims go with 165/55 or similar which is still bigger than stock diameter.
Bigger wheels/tyres require alot more power(rotating mass) to rotate and also affect braking etc...
Unless your making much more horsepower than a stock f8b I would suggest sticking close to the stock rolling diameter. Dont take my word for it ask other forum members.
bigmaddz

im guessing these rims will give me the same problems as the 15' i got now? has anyone tried to fit these? ive talked to the seller and he basically says "i got no idea if they will fit a mb and theres next to none info online"

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 374wt_1139
bigmaddz

ok so ive decided to go f*** it ill chuck them on and this being the result!

was all good although the back rims hit the red metal part that hangs down (photo below) im think an angle grinder will fix it right up... but i wanted to know is this important anyway to the car?
Attachments
005.JPG
this is it! not much needs going only about 2-5 cms
this is it! not much needs going only about 2-5 cms
Husky

Looks good, What are the specs on the rims and tyres?
People usually shave/cut flush with the body the part you are talking about
bigmaddz

as previously they are 15" there 185/45 im pretty sure they previously came off another mighty boy so im guessing they did the same thing and had no problems! a guy down the road said he will roll the wheel arches for $50 an arch so when/if i decide to lower it i shall be paying him a visit, im still looking to put 14" though i think these are too big and probably wont last long anyways
niiko

I run 195/45/15 on elantra mags. On the rear bumpstop cut the lip off and weld them together. On the front, flare the guard slightly.
milton

bigmaddz wrote: a guy down the road said he will roll the wheel arches for $50 an arch
:-o you could do this yourself with just a piece of pipe. Use the tyre as a lever with the piece of pipe and roll the car back and forwards to roll the lip and push the guard out slightly.
It may damage the paint a little, but might be worth a try before spending $200
bigmaddz

i would rather leave it to the pro's $50 an arch seems fairly reasonable ive seen alot higher prices

so i got the angle grinder out and got to some cutting/sanding and this be the end result (i dont recommened anyone to do this but if you would like go ahead)
Attachments
004.JPG
niiko

I don't remember it being that hard, it was a few years ago though.