Newbie to forum.....and 3 cylinders !!!!

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Bear351c

Hi all, just bought a Suzi Hatch 10/82 model SS40V. My previous ride had 5.8 litres, and this has only 0.5 litres. It came as a roller, with (apparently) recon engine/gearbox, and 5 milk crates in the back, with the rest of the car in them.
So I may have a few questions as I try to piece him back together.
Tez

Hey Bear351c
Welcome to the Forum.
We need more Hatches and Hatch owners on the forum...
Looks like you've got a bit of a project there - From the photos, it looks like it will come up nice though.
So long as you don't expect to get 5.8L performance, you'll love the 543 fuel economy (once you've got it on the road!) :wink:
Plenty of info here to be had... The Search function will most likely find you previous discussion on just about any topic you could imagine, but if you've looked, and not found an answer, feel free to ask away.
Maybe you'd like to set up a thread in the "Suzuki Projects" section and post photos of your progress...
We'd all like to see how you get on. :thumbup2:
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Bear351c

Thanks Tez, appreciate the welcome. I have been reading the previous posts, and in turn found interesting posts on a rear seat. Didn't know they could be got. As an aftermerket fitment, there can't be too many of these around, but, would like to see if any members have a spare for sale. Curious though, how does one get into the back seat ?? Do the front seats tip forward like Monaro/Charger seats?? My hatch has no seats at all, but a mate gave me some VL clunkadoor chairs which fit just nice.
Brayden

Yes the standard front seats have a flip-forward function. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Bear351c

Cheers Brayden. If I ever hear of a set of Suzuki chairs, I'll make sure they tilt forward.
Arctic Alto

Welcome mate,
Tez wrote:Hey Bear351c
Welcome to the Forum.
We need more Hatches and Hatch owners on the forum..
We certainly do need more hatches and altos on here :)

Good luck with project
RetroHatch

Hey Bear,

I have two front seats and one seat base/forward folding, you can have them for free if you can arange to pick them up.

Maybe I can atleast bring the seats down to the Sept cruise and maybe someone can take them the rest or if not part way closer to you. If anything the closet I could get them to you is Canberra.

I know of someone with a rear seat in NSW, I can ask if he has plans for it.

When you got her running, i'll give ya a drag :lol: :lol: :thumbup1:
Tailgating my Hatch doesnt increase the horsepower of the F5A
Bear351c

Wow, cool.

Bro-in-law heading to Mildura in a week or two......... let me make a phone call.

Appreciate your generous offer. Could you find out about rear for me. Please?
RetroHatch

Sorry man, no good on the rear seat, it is being used
Tailgating my Hatch doesnt increase the horsepower of the F5A
Bear351c

Hey Retro, Bro-in-law only going as far as Mildura, no plans to go up your way. Thanks again for the offer, I'll keep looking closer to Adelaide.
Bear351c

Well, its been a challenge, but, finally took the little fella for a run around the paddock. (no brakes!!). Found the speedometer and dash bits, and started cleaning them up. Might accidently roll some numbers back on the odo, supposed to be a recon engine, so might as well make it easy on myself, when it comes to 1,000k, 5,000k service etc.

Predicted speed when running.......... :-o :-o :-o :crazy: