triple supercharged MB

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Kartman

Guys,

I've stumbled across the cheapest power upgrade for the MB - even the lowly 550 can have it's output boosted for the cost of a set of new tyres.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CAR-ELECTRIC ... 3a799dba3d

It says it will add 15+ HP to all engines. I figure that with three of them, I'll more than double the F5A output. And being electric superchargers, I won't lose power from the engine trying to spin them. I'm going to try running them on 24V (two batteries) to see if I can crack the magic 100HP barrier.

There's also mention of better fuel economy. It's win-win all the way.
XiT

please update with how it goes :D i was reading up on them and people were saying they were useless. I have always been a bit skeptical of them.
If you can't wish for more wishes, wish for more Genies
Brayden

Just make sure you drill out the jets in the carby to give it enough fuel, I'd hate to see you blow the welds on the intake!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
cozza

they dont work i tried and failed several times they just put extra load on the electrics. i tried it in 3 different cars a ba falcon, an old carby fed xe falcon and yes the mb it never made any difference.
Tez

I was keeping quiet and watching this thread... We have a guy at work who bought one of these kits and fit it up to his Ford Festiva XR4 and then mucked about with it for quite a while. Took it off in the end - said it was a pile of shite. Your mileage might vary...
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Kartman

As some of have gathered, i was being a bit sarcastic. Every few months there seems to be some new useless gadget appear on the market. The turbonater things along with these reject hairdriers seem to be the current offering. Some time ago it was the plastic shells to make your stock brakes look like brembos.
gadj

Saw this sort of thing when it first came on the market a few years back. The review I read said they worked but needed to be switched so they operate only at full throttle. I remain somewhat sceptical...
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

The reason they don't work is that an electric fan cannot compress air. In theory if you could find a compact fan with an extremely high CFM rating you could improve the efficiency of an engine, but any improvement would likely be negated by the significant increase in electrical load.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
niiko

Reminds me of some clips on YouTube. Search for leaf blower turbo.