WANTED 550 Motor Good Working Order

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
utie

HI All
I have just cooked!! my 550 motor. Well and truly!:x Its not worth repairing the motor, however probably is worth putting in another one.. So i'm looking for a good working order motor only.. ?? any offers or advice??
Cheers
Utie
Don't mess in the affiars of dragons
for thou art crunchy
killermule

Good opportunity to upgrade to an 800 ;)
Colin

:stupid: like the man said look for a donor 800 hatch its a easy upgrade
MORE BEER! :beer:
ToranaGuy

Tez is selling a hatch (if not already sold), pitty you are so far away, it would make a good donor.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Gypsy

Hi mate, I've got a f5a I just pulled from my boy that's in perfect nick. I'm in Brisbane but I don't mind meeting at gold coast or somewhere halfway for you to pick up? Everything is there except alternator and cradle as I needed them for the 800. Box is still attached if you or anyone else is interested?
mowog

you won't need to swap the cradle unless you are going auto/manual or manual auto.
if you are putting a 543 box in behind a 800 you will find the revs a bit excessive and low top speed and high fuel consumption, all basically because of the high revs.
Gypsy

Nah mate cradles are slightly differrent. The hole for the front engine mount is out by about 30-40mm. When swapping out the f5a for the f8b the mighty boy cradle needs to be used. I think in the engine conversion section of the forum it mentions it somewhere.
mowog

the f8 goes straight in to the f5 cradle so they are the same. Suggest the problem is the engine mount that goes to the firewall, some of them are different and need to be changed.
ToranaGuy

Are people confusing the "sub frame" and the "cradle"? I've always known the cradle to be the bit that bolts under the crank pully end, that needs to be from a mighty boy, as well as the metal part of the trans bracket, then you use the mighty boy firewall torque support & it bolts straight in.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Husky

The cradle holds the engine and the subframe is what the cradle bolts to. The subframe is different from auto and manual on the gearbox side.
You must use a MB cradle and alternator bracket in an MB from memory not the hatch cradle, The hatch cradle bolts about 30mm to far forward on the drivers side. You will know because the rear engine mount will struggle to locate and the engine won't be straight across the engine bay. Not that it stopped me for over a year till I new better :x
utie

Gypsy wrote:Hi mate, I've got a f5a I just pulled from my boy that's in perfect nick. I'm in Brisbane but I don't mind meeting at gold coast or somewhere halfway for you to pick up? Everything is there except alternator and cradle as I needed them for the 800. Box is still attached if you or anyone else is interested?
Hey Gypsy that sound perfect, and thank you for offering to travel some of the way.
I have a good working Auto ( yes mine is 550 auto sad but true but I love it!!) Since I'm a female and I hate to be sexist because I have spent many hours under the bonnet of cars, I'm not confident in upgrading to an 800, I would have to pay someone to do and its going to cost enough just to do a straight swap.
As for the alt and cradle I don't need those cos they are on the old one. What about radiator?? since mine boiled to death I expect the radiator is the cause... but perhaps they are eay enough to recondition??

So how many KM on the f5a and how much do you want for it.. you have Private message me if you want.

Thanks heaps.
Utie
Don't mess in the affiars of dragons
for thou art crunchy
Gypsy

Sorry I don't have a radiator, I had to use my 550 one as the 800 radiator was cracked. It has 186xxx km's on it. I'm open to offers on it as I have no use for it. Just selling off stuff to recoup the cost of buying the hatch for the parts I needed. Don't know about reconditioning a radiator? I don't think I've heard of a practice. No problems meeting part way, anything to help keep. Another mighty boy on the road ;)
mowog

check the electric fan is working before you go to the time and expense of a new radiator. could be just a loose wire or faulty sensor.