New on the forum Help please

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Bsmit410

Ok so i am new to this forum and i need some help i have a rather clean st90 f8A powered suzuki carry truck, i recently purchased a as-is f8A engine and will be rebuilding it, my plan it to turbo it and maby a 5 speed conversion later down the track, What i have got so far is i will need to decompression the new engine i am going to custom make the manifold ,and all the basics, what i need is help do i need to do work to the carbie timing or anything else , i will not be putting oil pickups on the engine as i will be using a toyota camary powersteering pump and oil cooler to supply the turbo , Does anyone have any ideas on what turbo to use, i am an apprentice mechanic and know most of my shit haha also my mate is an engineer so there will be alot of fabrication. Im trying to do this as cheep as possable my target is all up under $500 including the rebuild
Attachments
FREE-PARTS-DAY-2012-086-e1334458438597.jpg
FREE-PARTS-DAY-2012-092.jpg
Billie

Use a remote oil filter kit to run oil lines to turbo.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
nawti

cool project, im in the process of doing the same as you to a st90 ute :) however instead of using an f8 i ordered an efi f10a complete engine/gearbox from china and going to use a gt1752 turbo from a saab, if you are going to stay carby i heard people use a carby from a charade turbo , and electronic dizzy from a newer carry
Storm_X

nawti wrote:cool project, im in the process of doing the same as you to a st90 ute :) however instead of using an f8 i ordered an efi f10a complete engine/gearbox from china and going to use a gt1752 turbo from a saab, if you are going to stay carby i heard people use a carby from a charade turbo , and electronic dizzy from a newer carry
That's the exact same thing I was going to do but maybe a supercharger. I was so close to buying a new EFI f10a motor and 5 speed gear box, but I pulled out at the last minute as my Alfa Romeo turbo project is more important and I'm just leaving my van stock.
How much did you end up paying for the stuff from china ?
Crazee

two options if you stay carby, blow through or draw through, if you can source a blow through carby from a charade i'm almost certain its a bolt on fit to the stock inlet manifold
although i have an f8b hatch i wouldnt think they'd be different
just a word of warning however, if you use a draw through setup you cant have an intercooler, otherwise you end up with a big fuel bomb on the front of your car (near perfect AFM in a large area) one backfire and it will go boom. blow through is fine though because the fuel enters at the manifold

as for timing i'm running 10 degrees on 98 octane and it doesnt ping, doubt you would need to go any higher than that

hope this helps

Sources: i was going to do the same, but i'm broke :(
Suzuki F8B Hatch
Goals for the future:
Paint car orange
Get RANGA3 number plates
Over 100kw and awd...
Gotta aim high right?
Brayden

You can't use a Charade carby on the F10A in a Carry. You need to use a side-draft design. IMO the most simple solution is a draw-through setup with a supercharger.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.