altenator conversion

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
cozza

ok so i yet again fried the altenator in the mb (sound system is too big). so i wanted to replace it with a higher amp output alt which i tried and was a DXA423 from OEX which does not fit it is also listed as the replacement for the mb, the body of this alt is too large and will not clear the slider adjuster for the top alt bracket so i went staright to ashdown ingram and i now have a better alt from them that will fit but i will have to change my plug over on the back of the alt. the part number is DXA508 and is for a toyota forlk lift, putting out 70amps all that needs to be done is the pulley needs to be swapped with the mb one and replace plug on back of alt to a round plug simple and easy, now the success will be seen if the alt doesnt fry again while cruisin around with the sound system blaring at 3/4 volume again. i wouldnt mind actually seeing what happens a full volume.
Tez

Some time ago Billy popped a Ford Alt into his boy with little grief (from what I can remember) for 110A...
A search should turn up the thread...
Tez
So the adventure continues...
cozza

yea i was thinking about useing a 80 amp of higher but this was all i cound get at the moment, i just didnt want to make up brackets.
Billie

Yeah I used a falcon alternator. Pretty easy, upgrade your wiring
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Arctic Alto

i also use a falcon alt in my alto, mines from a ef. 110amp :)
Bill Lally

Helps if you swap the bigger Alt to the empty space at the back of the engine