Need help. Drive shaft issue. Please

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
lazeboy_2003

hey guys.
Im a little bit lost at the moment with my mb. its a bit of a long story. ill try make it short for yous. my mbs left cv joint was making noises. so i thought about just changing the cv joints on there own. but i decided to change the whole shaft itself. i tracked some down on ebay for a $100 each side. when i recieved them i looked and compared them to the old ones just to be sure. they seemed to be the same. so i went ahead and took the old ones out. as i have started putting the new shafts in the car i went to click the inner housing into the gearbox spline. it was a bit of a wiggle to get it on and past the snap ring the first time. and it slides onto the spline but will not fully click in to say its home. on both sides aswell. i have tryed most things like lots of wiggling tapping with hammer and wood and it just wont go. mind you then i tryed the old one again and it just went straight on. so i thought i could just swap the inner housings from old to new. so i took them apart and the old one is a 6 roller bearing joint and the new is a 3 so i thought i could swap the whole joint but the spline size is different on the new ones. i rang the place i got them from and they sent me 2 new housings for the new ones so i tryed just putting them on without the shaft to see if it went in but still no go.
is there something i am not doing that any of you guys know of. or am i up shit creek.
any help would be much appreciated.
cheers
Brayden

Send the ebay shafts back, get a refund and pay someone local to recondition your current shafts. Most reco places will do an exchange service.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
cozza

i had exactally the same issue not only with cv shaft but tie rods just have them roconditioned