Multimeter tech query

Chat about anything and everything.
gadj

Just purchased a new Automotive Digital Multimeter, now thinking I bought the wrong one. I had been looking at a Jaycar unit that had dwell/tach suitable for use on two to ten cyls but bought Supercheap item that only does 4,6,8 cyl - it was cheaper & I was fading mentally (lunch time).
Is there a way to work with the SCA multi on 3 cyls or do I exchange it & go get the Jaycar item?
I'm thinking tach function on 6 cyl setting & divide by 2 but unsure of dwell (I know some ignore dwell altogether - I've not used dwell in the past.

EDIT : corrected no of cyls for Jaycar QM1444 multimeter
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Colin

you either divide it by 2 or multiply it by 2 (i cant remember which way) you will see which way by your reading and the specs
MORE BEER! :beer:
gadj

Thanks Colin. Dad used to have a Honda TN7 tray back with a 350 cc boxer twin engine. He had a 4 cyl Tach in that & from memory we used to divide by 2.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..