A Mighty Proposal?

Chat about anything and everything.
Jaffa396

Well! That was quite an eventful maiden voyage! Thankfully not of Titanic proportions. After having got my RWC two days prior - you would think that the car would have been road-worthy... It wasn't.

The journey from Devonport to Glaziers Bay (home) is 334 kms pretty much all on the highway and if you consider the Mighty Boy's good for around 80ks an hour, maybe a little more on the long flats and downhills, the journey might've taken around 4 1/2 hours.........

13 1/2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!

I had:

First gear ONLY for the first 66 ks,
A transmission line blow in half,
Speedo stopped working,
8 stops to EMPTY my oil catch can,
1 flat battery,
1 patch of snow (while broken down)
1 Thunder-storm
1 jump start from some country boys in a ute full of carcasses,
1 tank + a 1/2 of fuel
1 wallaby
And 1 initially very worried partner who after the 3rd phone call began to find it f*#king hilarious.....

My Missus and I have been engaged for a while now but the ring we ordered didn't arrive until the morning when I left, and I had it in the car with me. At 2:30 am when I finally got home I got down on one knee and presented the ring.

Is that what you'd call a Mighty Proposal?
Faux framing courtesy of the Iphone.
Faux framing courtesy of the Iphone.
CHR15 N

Congratulations!
Tez

Yeah, Congratulations Mike (& Missus). If she waited up to 2:30 am for you to get in, and then still said yes (even though you proved your insanity by persevering with the car) she's definitely a keeper! :wink:
Just be careful... If - in spite of your obvious addiction to the little cars - she's still determined to make a go of it with you, you might find yourself looking for "another for her" (wouldn't be the first couple I've met with a MB each)

Still... would/could that be a bad thing? :-o

:thumbup1:
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Jaffa396

Cheers fellas, it was quite an epic... mentally it took me a good few days to get over the whole caper! Wouldn't mind picking up a MB for the missus somewhere down the line! Though I'm not sure how receptive the rest of her family would take that one... Been getting the whole "That tiny car's dangerous" spiel for the last couple of years. Personally - driving it on the narrow dirt roads where I live I've never felt safer passing an oncoming vehicle! We're both very happy and have been loving having our little Mighty Boy. It's a joy-mobile!