Mighty Boy wanted in Melb.

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
TurboKat

Hey guys, I'm looking for a cheap but not nasty Mighty Boy to keep my Carry van company on cold nights, I'll consider anything but I'm really after something with a good body (who isn't :snigger: ) & no or very little rust.
Doesn't need to be registered, roadworthy or even running, I'm looking to spend up to $1500.
Cash waiting for the right rig.
Darren.
TurboKat

Well, there's not much around at the moment in the way of Mighty Boyery so I was forced to buy this sight unseen off Ebay - :NFI:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271247223764 ... 1423.l2649
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourn ... 1024505728
It has rust in the firewall but supposedly little to none anywhere else, if that really is the case then I can live with doing that repair, all will be revealed when I get it home & lift its skirts for a good look.
Worst case scenario is that the shell is beyond cost/time effective repair & I have no option but to wreck it, if that's the case then I've bought a heap of spare parts for when I do find a decent one. :thumbup1:
All will be revealed in a day or 2. :pray: :ohnoes:
djflex

Hey Welcome to the club :)

Yes the firewall seem is a notorious place even in "Rust free" mighty boys

Looks very repairable though. I just bought my 4th mighty boy and it only had a tiny bit of rust in the same area as well.

Great buy though ;)
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
George A Romero - Father of Zombie Films
Brayden

I hate to say it but that rust in the firewall suggests that it will have plenty more in the bulkhead and probably in the other common places too. Looks like it has also been clouted up the bum. :dead:

I hope it turns out to be better than you expected, but I also like your attitude of salvaging the parts if it is a wreck.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
TurboKat

Yeah, the body looks like it's got a few bruises, as for rust, I'll checkout the floor pans, sills, front rails, etc, but are there any sneaky hidden spots unique to MBs that I need to look at?
Fingers crossed it"s better than it looks, if not at least I'll have a front bumper like the Kool Kids :thumbup2:
An automatic transmission behind a 543cc engine !?!?? :keke: Will it go up hills? :shaddup:
Brayden

No, it won't. :lol: Surprisingly though the F8B with matching auto makes a great little city commuter.

Spots to look for rust are in the bulkhead centre (as per your ute) and each end of the area behind the firewall (wiper linkage area). Bottom rear of the quarter panels is also a target area, along with the tray bed, turret and A pillars. Beneath any rubber seals (windows and the tub surround) can also reveal some nasty surprises. Base of the doors can rust out if left sitting without the outer seal.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
TurboKat

Bloody hell! I get impatient & buy that 'project' & then this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111130596114 ... 1497.l2649 comes along :doh:
Talk about shithouse timing :roll:
So the only decent thing to do was buy it as well. :snigger: IT'S GOT FLAMES !! SIIICK MAATE...
I'm picking them both up tomorrow.
Tez

So where's the problem? - One to drive and one to do up... :D
Tez
So the adventure continues...