Water Inlet Housing 86 Super Carry Traytop

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
gZerO

Hi guys.

Just got my motor back from engine builder and need to get a water inlet housing as the one that was on there was badly corroded. Asked around at spare part places and no-one has a listing. Some suzuki parts places say they can get new genuine ones so I've called a dealer and asked and he says yes they're available, he just needs me to confirm which one I need.

Here's where the problem is. As far as i knew, there should only be one. From memory, it has the face where it fits onto the block, and three hose outlets ; one to radiator, one for thermostat bypass and one to the heater box. This is also the picture he has send me of the one he thinks is right. Looking at my Manual however, the housing is never clearly shown, but from what u can see of it it looks like it only has two outlets, ie, no heater connection. If someone knowledgeable could confirm for me or even take a picture showing theirs it would be greatly appreciated. The housing in question is located directly below the inlet manifold, bit of a prick to get to if the engine is in a vehicle.
I'm 99% sure the 3 outlet housing is correct, just would like to make sure before i get an $80 housing shipped to me from melbourne with no chance of return if it's wrong :O

cheers
Lyndon
gZerO
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
havabeer

hey mate,

here's a picture of the one that is on my 1983 suzuki carry with an F10A. like you said it has 3 outlets. the workshop manual i have also only shows 2 out lets, which is the one for the heater, dunno why it's like that.

supervan

mine is the same as the one in the pic and its on a 1990 f10a and also the same on a 89 f10a i have but both have the third hose on them the one thats missing in the pic that havabeer put up...
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
jczurlowski

hey i know its a bit late but do you still remember the place that said they can get you new ones of these? because mines corroded as well and need new one ASAP
LoW AnD sLoW