Show us your shed

Chat about anything and everything.
gazuga

So ive got the go ahead to build a new shed and im looking for ideas.
If you built, what did you go for, what do you like about it and what would change if you did it again.
Obviously want to go as big as i can get away with, probably 2 bays and a workshop.
Post up a pic of what you've got.
Will get a photo of my current crappy carpet offcuts over dirt floor mostly watertight shed tommorro.
gadj

I've been looking to build a shed too - 9M X 12M, 2 storey. Not so likely to happen for now, plan was to put it in Parents back yard. It would have given us 3 bays & a workshop with living quarters for myself in a 9M x 9M mezzanine level leaving one bay clear for a hoist. I was quoted a tad over $13,000.00 for the kit (including a 2.4 x 9 verandah) & $7500.00 for concrete slab.
I have since found out I can do the basic shed to the same specs & finish for half that if I work out what steel I need & cut/drill/weld & assemble myself - the slab is not so much cheaper if I do it myself - not that I like the idea of taking that bit on. That does not include flooring or lining for the mezzanine but does include insulation. Electrical, plumbing & final fitout would also be extra.
That size shed would fit my 2 Suzuki's, Dad's Vauxhall Caleches & up to 3 other vehicles using the hoist plus a workshop roughly 9 x 3M. It's all on the backburner now - might be a goer this time next year.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
gazuga

yeah im thinking 7x10. funnily enough also thinking a mezzanine. just a small one over the workshop for a bit of extra storage.
im thinking a 3m gutter height should give me room for a hoist down the track?
Psi_Wagon

i went as big as i could afford at the time and got a 22mx9mx3.8m fits 15 cars comfortably. if your going to have a hoist you might sqeeze it in with 3m walls. mines 3.8 gutter height with i think an 11 degree pitch and it fits cars just right at full height.

here's an old pic;
Attachments
220920101237.jpg
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
gazuga

wow :-o thats a serious shed. i dont think that would even fit on my block.
good info about the hoist too thanks.

so heres the on being replaced.
for reference, the carry wont even fit through the door.
2013-09-10 17.33.45.jpg
gazuga

oh i forgot the crappy little half garden shed strapped to the back lean to type thing. and yes i had to add the bits of wood to hold the roof up.
2013-09-10 17.34.05.jpg
Brayden

On a domestic block you could consider an American barn style shed. Plenty of height in the middle for a hoist at the front and mezzanine at the back, with bays on each side for workshop/cars.

Or even something like this:
IMG_1043.jpg
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gazuga

Theres an easement running through my yard which means absolute max is 7m deep, so mezzanine ans hoist in the same bay is out.
Cam how big are the doors or your shed, speaking to the local shed guy he told me 2.5m high is on the big side, looking at you photo yours would be nearly 3.5m?
I should be receiving a quote for 7x10 2 bays and a workshop and 3.5 gutter height tuesday.