Muffler replacement

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Mightyschtik

Hi,

I'm new here and let me introduce myself. From Sydney and just picked up a MB from Orange. She's all stock and no rust, except for the muffler which has just fallen off. Been eyeing a MB for a long time, and happy to finally got one. She's an eternal project, gunna take my time in transforming her.. :)

First will be the muffler. Where could I get one replaced and how much would it be approx? Could I just get a universal one, cut and weld one in myself? I'm not experienced doing that but would take a chance trying.

Second will be nicer wheels, then prolly engine, then fixing up all the dents and scrapes before a new paint job... It'll probably take years! Ha ha.

500+cc
Manual
Red
Fully Stock
Rego May 14
Psi_Wagon

a universal will be fine, i used one when i made my exhaust, will cost you around $80
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Mightyschtik

Thanks Psi_Wagon,

Did you weld it on yourself? If you did, does the whole thing have to come off or you just welded it with the rest of the pipes in place?

Thanks again
gadj

That depends on what you plan for the future concerning mods.
If you plan to keep the F5a for some time, just cut the pipe back to healthy steel & weld in the new part/s as required.
If you want a performance exhaust, you'll need to step the whole system up to 1.75 inch (best size for 800cc to 1 Litre may be a little too big for a stock 543cc though)
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Mightyschtik

Ok, cheers. Far from my skill level at the moment = 0. :NFI:

So I'll send it in for $150 at the local exhaust shop.