construction needs (help)

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
XiT

okay so new plan is supercharged f8b -
got a hatch for the motor and everything -
amr500 supercharger for some more kick, (draw through method to make it easier)
just wandering what im going need to do in terms of timing and everything to make it right,
best exhaust size - gonna be getting extractors
basicly all the "fun" fiddly stuff
:D
If you can't wish for more wishes, wish for more Genies
TurboKat

In a perfect world you would have a boost referenced timing retard facility so that as the boost levels rise, the timing retards to prevent detonation, some of the older Jap carby-turbo cars have boost retard built into the distributor so you might be able to adapt a dizzy from say, a Charade turbo? :NFI:
Use a Mikuni HSR Flatslide motorcycle carby on your draw through, they come in 42, 45 & 48mm venturi size, have rollers on the slide so it can't stick open under suction, single cable operation, spigot mounting in/out, jets/needles are readily & cheaply available, they're dead easy to setup & tune & they fuel better than any other carb I've used on a draw through. :thumbup1:
Brayden

Having spent a lot of time and effort going down the carby turbo route my advice is to find a local expert on regraphing distributors. If you can't find one then install EFI. I dicked around building boost-retarding actuators and tuning carbies myself, and got sick of the fueling issues, pinging, overheating and general unreliability. In the end I installed EFI and it was the best thing I ever did. If something isn't right with the setup I can just tweak maps rather than having to pull apart carbies and distributors.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
mowog

regraphing dissies is not that difficult do a google search there are some very good instructions.
XiT

awesome guys cheers :) little stuck for coin so i dont know if I can afford to go EFI would love to just because it will be easier
XiT

alrighty so I have pretty much everything i need (except the coin) and waiting to hear back from someone about a HSR 45. getting pretty excited about this :D just need to pull my donor hatch apart and get the motor rebuilt and take all the other bits i need from it :) then the build begins once i get the motor back :D ... anyone know where i can get a set of extractors from ?
Brayden

They'll need to be custom made, like anything for these engines really!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
XiT

yea true, hopefully doesnt cost an arm and a leg, though i guess thats what autos are for :P will look into pricing during the week :D