miltons mighty boy

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
courierguy

Looking good milton,But are you gonna flare the guards and put side skirts :?: .
milton

There not in my immediate plans, just looking forward to getting it back on the road. But anything could happen down the track.
milton

got the black painted over the weekend, just need the lights in, and wipers on, and a good wash.
Photo 17-02-13 4 13 23 PM.jpg
Photo 18-02-13 10 05 20 AM.jpg
milton

So i hooked up the tacho today. when I turn on the key and it gets power, the needle jumps to 150 ish rpm and stays there until i start it and idle is about 900. Is this normal or can I adjust it somehow?

EDIT: I'm aware that I can adjust the idle of the ute, just wondering if 900 is a normal idle, and the jump to 150 on power up is normal?
Brayden

900 is normal for idle, not sure about the 150 jump though. Guess it depends on the brand of tacho.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
milton

kept feeling like something was missing, then i realised ive forgotten the mudguards :lol:
ill have to dig them out and clean them up a bit.
Photo 24-02-13 9 50 25 AM.jpg
Photo 24-02-13 9 51 29 AM.jpg
killermule

That looks sick mate! Got so much work to do at the moment I dont have time to work on the car. My front bar is sitting here collect webs and dust and really wants to be modified to go on! haha.

Order what I presume is the same bonnet scoop on ebay though haha. SAAS $40ish one?

Anychance you can show me how you mounted the front bar and how you did the hole for the scoop? Did you leave the bonnet framing alone and cut around it or did you cut through it? I was going to cut around it but have seen some people cut through it on other cars...
milton

killermule wrote:Order what I presume is the same bonnet scoop on ebay though haha. SAAS $40ish one?

Anychance you can show me how you mounted the front bar and how you did the hole for the scoop? Did you leave the bonnet framing alone and cut around it or did you cut through it? I was going to cut around it but have seen some people cut through it on other cars...
Yeah sounds like like the same scoop I got.
The front bumper, I've just bolted a bracket on the bottom in the centre, and welded it the the bottom rail of the ute. Then I've put two more brackets through the top where the original round headlights were, which have been plastic welded over to make them square under the headlights, they are just bolted through the rail that runs under the headlights. Then I just got a heat gun and heated the sides up quite warm and bent them inwards and let them cool like that. So now I stretch the sides over the guards where I've cut them at the right shape so they clip onto the guards.
And to tell you a secret.. I havnt cut a hole for the scoop. I don't have a turbo or cold air intake, it's just there for looks. :D
killermule

haha. Yeh kind of thought that lol. Because the intake would be off to the side a little, my next question was why it wasnt ontop of the intake.

Mine will be actually used lol.

And great write up cheers, I had thought of the heating to wrap it because it does sit quite wide but hadnt really thought of mounting anything. Was going to work off the original bumper mounts but didnt know where to start. Was trying to avoid welding, prob just use zip ties instead haha.
milton

I went out for a drive today and took note, at 100km/h it's doing about 4000rpm. This would indicate that I have an f8b gearbox yeah?
Also, what would be considered redline for an f8b?
Brayden

4000 is about right for an F8B box. The appropriate redline depends on engine mods and condition. Fair to say that there's no power to be gained above 5500RPM on a stock motor.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
milton

In light of the upcoming cruise I got out the laser cut sheet I drew up and had cut for a hardcover, and had a bit of a play around with it. Fits better than I thought. Just needs a bit more touching up around the corners and some bracing underneath. Not bad for $70. Not sure if it will be ready in time for the cruise though.
image.jpg
milton

image.jpg
goose360

That looks really good!
I would like to do something similar for mine one day :D
Matty

Looks great mate, that's the same cover as I am keen on making 1 day
One day it will be DONE!!!