advice wanted on parts (enigine swap over)

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
pegusas1969

b3 lower engine alto
b3 lower engine alto
b2 passanger side alto motor
b2 passanger side alto motor
b1 driver side alto motor
b1 driver side alto motor
a1 part motor with mount
a1 part motor with mount
hi everyone,
iam looking at doing my engine swap over from a 1988 alto into my Boy over easter and i need some advice.

1) the engine appears to be a F8B motor but the mounts do not look the same as the other F8B I purchased awhile ago (that is in parts). can some one please advise me if it is suitable and what I should do.
2) the alto motor has aircon attached which i will be leaving on the car but hooking it up later when i replace the dash in my Boy. will be be okay to leave it in untill then or do i remove it until then?

3) can you also tell me if i have to change the carby as the alto is an auto but i want to use the manual gearbox i purchased with the parts motor.

4) do i have to change any of the wiring over to the one i have removed from the alto.for the motor and aircon.

thanks in advance
Darryl

Hi Everyone,
I have a couple of question that I hope you could clear up for me.

1) is this dash suitable for retro fitting into my 1985 boy? The add states it is from a hatch VX SS80V so I think it might.

2) I have purchased a F8B motor that is missing some parts can anyone suggest where I can source the following at reasonable prices.
a) clutch assembly
b) fly wheel
c) starter motor
d) the bottom v-belt pulley has a chunk taken out of it so it needs replacing.
e) the inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets
f) air filter housing

can I use any of these from my existing F5A when I do the swap over.

thanks
darryl
Last edited by pegusas1969 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If near enough was good life would be boring.
Ya Hya Chouhada
Brayden

The instrument cluster pictured is from a Hatch, so you would need the matching dashboard. (It won't fit an MB dash).
You can use all of the above parts from an F5A, except the gaskets which can be bought from any auto parts store.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
pegusas1969

hi Brayden,
thanks for the heads up on the parts that makes it a lot easier on the pocket for me.

my question about the cluster was will it plug straight into the Boys dash wiring or do i need to rewire it to suit. sorry for the confusion. iam not concerned about the dash housing as iam going to build a custom dash out of fibreglass (hopefully)

thanks
darryl
Ya Hya Chouhada
Brayden

The wiring is similar, but not identical. I remember having to change a couple of wires when I put the same cluster in my ute.
niiko

The cluster does fit into the mightyboy with some small brackets and a little mod to the plastic around the cluster.
pegusas1969

pegusas1969 wrote:
20140415_152631.jpg
20140209_114945.jpg
20140415_152622.jpg
_DSC7662.JPG
hi everyone,
iam looking at doing my engine swap over from a 1988 alto into my Boy over easter and i need some advice.

1) the engine appears to be a F8B motor but the mounts do not look the same as the other F8B I purchased awhile ago (that is in parts). can some one please advise me if it is suitable and what I should do.
2) the alto motor has aircon attached which i will be leaving on the car but hooking it up later when i replace the dash in my Boy. will be be okay to leave it in untill then or do i remove it until then?

3) can you also tell me if i have to change the carby as the alto is an auto but i want to use the manual gearbox i purchased with the parts motor.

4) do i have to change any of the wiring over to the one i have removed from the alto.for the motor and aircon.

thanks in advance

help please
Darryl

Hi Everyone,
I have a couple of question that I hope you could clear up for me.

1) is this dash suitable for retro fitting into my 1985 boy? The add states it is from a hatch VX SS80V so I think it might.

2) I have purchased a F8B motor that is missing some parts can anyone suggest where I can source the following at reasonable prices.
a) clutch assembly
b) fly wheel
c) starter motor
d) the bottom v-belt pulley has a chunk taken out of it so it needs replacing.
e) the inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets
f) air filter housing

can I use any of these from my existing F5A when I do the swap over.

thanks
darryl
Ya Hya Chouhada
Brayden

Holy crap this thread is now confusing! Should have started a new thread mate!