help with engine change over

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
pegusas1969

hi everyone,
iam looking at doing my engine swap over from a 1988 alto into my Boy over easter and i need some advice.

hi everyone,
iam looking at doing my engine swap over from a 1988 alto into my Boy over easter and i need some advice.

1) the engine appears to be a F8B motor but the mounts do not look the same as the other F8B I purchased awhile ago (that is in parts). can some one please advise me if it is suitable and what I should do.
2) the alto motor has aircon attached which i will be leaving on the car but hooking it up later when i replace the dash in my Boy. will be be okay to leave it in untill then or do i remove it until then?

3) can you also tell me if i have to change the carby as the alto is an auto but i want to use the manual gearbox i purchased with the parts motor.

4) do i have to change any of the wiring over to the one i have removed from the alto.for the motor and aircon.
alto driver side
alto driver side
alto passenger side
alto passenger side
alto lower engine mount
alto lower engine mount
thanks in advance
Darryl
If near enough was good life would be boring.
Ya Hya Chouhada
Brayden

1) You need to remove the Alto engine/gearbox mounting brackets and use the ones from an MB.
2) If you install the aircon compressor, just leave the belt off until you have the rest of the system in place.
3) The auto carby can be used, but it isn't ideal.
4) I believe that some, but not all of the required wiring exists in the factory loom. Check the wiring diagram and go from there. I assume a vacuum idle-up system would also be required to prevent the engine from stalling at idle with the A/C switched on.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.