SS40T Help!!!

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
makie43

My Mighty Boy has been running perfectly untill the other day when it coughed, missed, splutterd then completely stopped. First thought fuel blockage, completely cleaned the carby, no go, in fact replaced it with a spare one, still no go, checked all vacuum lines,fuel pump,blew the fuel line back to the tank, new filter, new plugs, new points,it will start but only idles at about 300 rpm and as soon as I touch the accelerator it stops.Any suggestions???
Brayden

Could be an electrical fault. Hows the timing, voltage?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Bear351c

Accelerator pump in carby?

Blocked fuel filter?

Fuel pump shagged?
makie43

Thanks for your replies, I think I have just about eliminated fuel,I'll have another look at the electrical side of things....When it runs it's a popping sound like it might be trying to run on two cylinders, but not knowing much about these little things i don't know if they would run on two???
ceej

Check your timing belt hasn't skipped a tooth , plugs, points, distributer cap/rotor and leads. Also check that all your earths and power cables for your coil and dizzy are intact. Let us know how it goes.
Garry. Nuff sed!
Tez

Incredible as this sounds, check that all your spark plugs are tight.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
mowog

did you replace the condensor? always fit a condenser and points as a pair. also get coil checked. although generally a coil just dies.
makie43

Sorry I haven't replied to your posts,PC problems. It was the condenser after all, didn't know they could suddenly drop dead just like that but I do now. Thanks for all your suggestions and help.