F10A to K10A Suzuki Super Carry

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
soupacharger

hi there.. my suzuki wagon r fixed with k10a turbochraged engine.my question are f10a head gasket same as k10a head gasket?my mechanic had inform me that my engine had a blown head gasket..fyi im from sabah,malaysia and its a headache to get k10a head gasket here.i only manage to get f10a head gasket which is for suzuki jimny 410..thanks..btw nice conversion to your rides..keep up the good work :D
NozMonkeys

Very unlikely. But I found a full valve regrind set on ebay for $100 for a K10a. Not sure what currency, maybe american.
NozMonkeys

Update:

Vans pulling harder than ever before. No more flat spot but still needs fine tuning. Have an oversized radiator coming in a month which will make her freeze.

4th pulls right through from 60 - 110kmph at about 6-7000 rpm.

Might get a 0-100km video up.

The boost skips between 10 and 13 psi boost :lol: It'd probably break traction between gear changes if I ran it on 15 psi.

Hopefully put it on the dyno in a few months when I'm next at course.
NozMonkeys

Got a question for Brayden.

How did you plumb in your intercooler? The only way I can see possible is to run some pipes past the sides of the radiator and cut into the area where your feet are and then go down into the floor and to the intercooler. I'm not sure if the DA51V has a slightly different chassis setup.

My oversized big huge radiator arrived. Is a tight fit, just need to make some mounts. Its dual pass so will cool very efficient.
NozMonkeys

Update:

Fitted my massive radiator :D
Had my fuel rail altered (as it was rubbing)
Had the rear thermostat housing modified (to look nicer)

I'll put some pictures up tonight.

Just need to have a section cut off the throttlebody(un needed) and then there will be no rubbing whatsoever. Because of the tight fit I've had a few clearance issues :? But I'm sorting them out.
supervan

NozMonkeys wrote:Update:

Fitted my massive radiator :D
Had my fuel rail altered (as it was rubbing)
Had the rear thermostat housing modified (to look nicer)

I'll put some pictures up tonight.

Just need to have a section cut off the throttlebody(un needed) and then there will be no rubbing whatsoever. Because of the tight fit I've had a few clearance issues :? But I'm sorting them out.

hey noz...

im keen to see pics of the radiator... :thumbup2:

cheers mate...
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
NozMonkeys

Intercooler:

Radiator:

Intercooler needs plumbing in and the radiator is a hell tight fit. I'm going to make a fan shroud as I'm still having cooling problems.
Rogue_Works

well done on the conversion, and that intercooler placement is sick!

my dad is a kiwi who came over to aus for many years, so ive been over a couple of times and i'm sure you fit in with the other crazy modded rigs over there.
:thumbup1:
"c'mon guys, it's not that small"
NozMonkeys

Intercooler piping teaser:

The pipes will be sealed off with silicon so its not noisy in the cab.
NozMonkeys

It's my first time TIG welding so go easy. I've still got to weld some brackets on, seal the cab and get the intercooler inlet modified.
Karu

I find it interesting that your K10 pulls from 60 to 110. I am wondering, is that kilometres or miles per hour? I was talking to a mate today about this and said to him "Watch this, my engine has done 321,500km so I slowed to 40kmh in 5th and it pulled away easily (as always) until I released my right foot at 115kmh. Oh, and off the thread subject, I purchased a new rocker cover gasket from ebay to replace my very old one. As soon as I replaced it, it continually spewed out oil with a huge plume of smoke behind me so I removed it and it had stretched. I had to cut some off and I lost another 2 litres of oil in 30km. I removed it again and it was torn to pieces. So be aware! They might only cost $9.99 and $7 postage but I am certain it is made from a material not meant for heat and oil.
NozMonkeys

It'l do 40km/h to 110 easy. I leave it in 5th up 80km hills.

I'm thinking about upgrading the turbo.
NozMonkeys

I've pulled my engine down and am doing a refresh on it as it burnt some intake valves (which I found out is common).

Where can I buy Rings and bearings from? I've got a gasket set for it.
Dattman

I checked the ACL online website and they don't have a listing for any K engines, bearings should be the same as the K12 engines sold in the new Suzuki splash, rings might be a prob though as I don't think any 4 cyl K10As were sold new in NZ, only the 3 cyl K10B.
NozMonkeys

I pulled the bottom end apart and found the big ends starting to wear into the copper and the mains were near new, found a rego from a car ad and rang suzuki, got big end bearings and a set of rings on there way from Japan.

$440 incl, a bit expensive but I had a hard time finding any aftermarket options. Just hope they can provide me torque specs.