Is a mightyboys first gear synchromesh

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
nicw97

Is a mighty boy gearbox syncramesh except for first gear? I havent pulled one down to find out but in my mb everytime I downshift into first i grind it. Im thinking its not synchromesh so it has the ratio. If anyone knows thatd be great.
regards,
Nic.
Tez

From the Maintenance Manual:
Image1.jpg
Maybe your syncro is knackered...?
Tez
So the adventure continues...
gadj

They are syncromesh, practically all cars made since about 1968 is. As Tez says, yours has worn the syncro mechanism on that gear out. I'd expect you might find repair a little on the expensive side but it is worth finding out anyway. I don't know if a replacement box will be found easily. Not hard to double declutch once you work out how to do it right - might stretch the box life a bit.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
nicw97

Thanks fellas. i was thinking that it potentially was just worn but i thought that,seen as i havent pulled one down, id ask. Its not a major worries anyway it was more to humor my curiosity. Thanks.