Brake upgrades ?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
pizzafever

hey guys, was wondering is there any direct bolt on upgrades for the lil mightyboys front brake calipers & discs .

Very curious as i came across a gumtree ad of some guy selling a mightboy and throwing in spares . such as a engine and brakes from a 91 barina as he says direct bolt on ?

but I guess he means the Suzuki Cino type barina variant shape which is sorta like a old swift ? anyone have experience with bolting them on ?

Any info appreciated on any upgrades. cheers
Brayden

I can tell you that 91 Barina front hubs/brakes aren't even close to a direct fit. 86-88 on the other hand are almost identical to an MB, which is pointless if you're looking for an upgrade.

With anything less than 50kw at the wheels I don't think you need anything more than slotted rotors and a good quality set of front pads. My ute was passed by an engineer with this setup, and it worked okay for everyday street use. Admittedly they did fade under heavy, repeated use.

There aren't any other direct bolt-on upgrades, but apparently Daewoo Matiz front hubs are close. You can take your pick of small cars if you have the tools and talent to modify hubs and suspension to suit. I'm now running Swift GTi front hubs and brakes on my ute, but I had to build a pair of custom coilovers to make it work.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
arklan

I can confirm about the daewoo matiz front hubs

youll need to use the matiz front struts aswell as the part where the strut bolts on to the hub is a different width
youll also need to widen the grooves in the driveshaft splines so they can go in to the hubs
and youll need to flip the tie rod ends

matiz hubs wont accept a rim smaller than 13"

as for swapping the discs on to your mboy hubs and making a bitsa hub, I dont know anything about it
pizzafever

ok thanks guys , was just asking since the one im in is a altoworks converted one tuned with a microtech & fuel system and comes on boost instantly but really surprises me the way it pulls with the lsd and power to weight ratio . its defs pushing past the 50kw area . Not sure if the brakes have been converted from a works or vented. But i could also be abit spongey from old brake fluid which il look into.

ild really appreciate if someone could come over with a standard MB so I can identify what changes my ones had to standard in a lot of places