mechanical help

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Dannygibbons

Just wondering if anyone's experienced this!?? I was driving on the highway at 100 in me mighty boy and all of a sudden it just slowly started losing power until eventually I had to drop down gears in to first and it just died like it either ran out of fuel or got too much fuel!! after letting it sit for 5 minutes it started and then ran fine!!! note it was not a fuel blockage as I tested that as soon as it died!!
Does anyone have any thoughts???
Brayden

Dodgy coil. Once it overheats you lose spark and the motor dies.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
arklan

this used to happen to me a lot before the engine swap
cause was shit in the fuel tank or shitty fuel getting in to the carby

solution was to take the air cleaner off, put a big thick rag/bed sheet over the carb and give it a good hard rev then very fast lift the rag off
so the sudden suction would suck through whatever shit was stuck in it

u could also try throwing some metho in the fuel tank to try and clean up some of the shit in it for u aswell
Tez

Could also be the carby icing up. I had issues with this - Be driving for well over an hour and the car would slowly get 'constipated' until it would just stop and die. Sit there for 5 minutes, and it'd start up again and run fine for another 10 minutes or so, and then same again. I live in Melbourne and had bought an ex. QLD car - the Winter Carby Bypass hose from the Exhaust Manifold to the Aircleaner intake was missing. Fitted one, no more issues in colder weather, or on long trips.
IMAG0365.jpg
If it happens again to you, have a look under the aircleaner and see if there is any ice on the outside of the carby... Dead giveaway.
Tez
So the adventure continues...