HOW TO INSTALL WEBER 30 DIC **GUIDE**

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
cozza

probably the equivilant to the old holley 180 carb or something i used to use holley 350 parts in the old falcon webber carb for the simple fact it was cheaper to use the holley parts rather then the weber parts. i must say though it is a very insightfull job good guidlines to follow looks easy enough, unfortunatly im going to be going with tripple bike carbs on a custom made manifold dont know how it will go but ill soon find out.
killermule

anyone able to finish this guide off?

even if you can give rough instructions will help me out HEAPS.
djflex

Final Procedure

Ok it has been a while since I have posted and the ol boy was dead with that mysterious electrical problem that fooled even the professionals.

The car is up and running again and time to get her back on the road.

In regards to the final step

Ok before we begin with this im sure people will debate this comment with furvent vigour.

In discussion with the carby clinic (30 year veteran on carbies) he explained to me that the vacuum advance on the F8B engine is not essential to the performance of the vehicle.

He told me to retard the advance by 3 - 5 degress and it will be 100 %

I have done so and it runs like a charm at any speed.

Now I know the prinicipal of a vacuum advance but am no pro on the subject.

as far as I can tell the vehicle runs incredible well and has no issues that I have noted at this point. Fuel economy is reasonably good and performance is better than the stock carby.

the guide I layed out is pretty well complete and according to the veterans in carby work they advised that It is not essential.

IMO - Im a happy chappy and the boy is running like a rocket.
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
George A Romero - Father of Zombie Films
Brayden

The vacuum advance is not essential, however removing it does affect torque noticeably.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
killermule

Brayden, any chance you can give rough instructions for setting up the vacuum advance? I can pretty much search it all but I just need a rough idea of what I'm searching :)

I will setup without, but if it boticely affects torque I'd rather it setup :)
gadj

Holley released a Webber designed series - I have a Holley 32/36 which was to go on the A14 in my LJ50 but has not yet made it...I have the adapter plate but no longer the packaging therefore can't offer a part number.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
goose360

For anyone who is interested, Fiaparts has recently changed owners and are no longer supplying parts. They are just mechanics and a tyre place now.

-Angas
ssc87

Bugger the images are gone, did anyone save them?
sijahrv

+1 would love to see the images!
Brayden

Sorry, the images were hosted on another server. Reason #1 to use the forum's image upload feature!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.