EOI 1986 Suzuki Mightyboy unregistered

Need to offload some Suzuki parts? Do it here.
CelciusXII

Hi all.
I am thinking of selling my yellow Mightyboy as I don't feel that I have the skills or experience needed to do it up. The car is in pretty poor condition and might be more effort than its worth to fix it, so I figured before I list it for sale I would find out if it would be better to sell it as parts.
The biggest problem (and the reason i took it off the road) is that the fuel filler assembly is rusting away and the rust was getting into the fuel and blocking up the carby.
The second biggest problem is that the drivers seat is broken. Before i got the car many years ago, my uncle bolted a metal plate between the seat and the rails to try and move the seat further back. Unfortunately the plate bent under the strain of certain heavy individuals getting in and out of the car which caused the base of the seat to tear through the metal where the adjuster bolts on.
Both seats will also need to be re-upholstered as well.
The third big problem is that there is a bad rust spot in the side wall under the bonnet near the windscreen. I'm not very knowledgeable on these things but im pretty sure this is not surface rust and would probably require cutting out and patching.
There are also various other dints in the car from various incidents (someone decided to tip the car on it's side one night, and just before I took the car off the road I hit a Kangaroo at low speed) and the tailgate is is poor condition.
I had the engine rebuilt at 264480Km and the carby was rebuilt at 276800Km but the car still not run very well at all since the engine rebuild and I was not very impressed with the quality of the rebuild either, but since I put the engine back in myself (with the help of some more mechanically skilled people) I could never claim on the warranty. And the carby problems have probably been a result of dirty fuel despite replacing the fuel filter several times since.
I also have a spare sump gasket and several fuel filters to go with it.
Please let me know what you guys think, and depending on what you say I will probably make a listing.
Thanks
Peter.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the car is currently at 280162km. And I have pictures should anyone one want them, just not sure where to host them.
Edit 2: The car is located at my place in Bayswater North Victoria 3153.
Last edited by CelciusXII on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brayden

Hi Peter,
The forum has an image attachment function. When you reply, look for the 'upload attachment' tab below the text field, underneath the preview/submit buttons.

Also sharing your location might help with the sale.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Matty

If you part it out I'll grab the indercator set up and rear mirror if they are alright.
One day it will be DONE!!!
CelciusXII

Thanks for your assistance Brayden.
I have attached a picture of the broken drivers seat. I currently have the passenger seat bolted into the drivers position, but this is rather uncomfortable as it seems the seat was slightly angled towards the center of the car, so now its angled slightly towards the door.
Attachments
Broken Drivers Seat
Broken Drivers Seat
CelciusXII

The first picture is of the whole engine bay as it currently sits, and you can see a slight bend in the bumper on the drivers side from the kangaroo.
The second picture is of the rust patch on the passenger side just under the bonnet. The round dent is from when I pressed on the patch to see how bad the rust is.
The third picture is of the drivers side behind the door. This is the dent caused by stupid people tipping the car on its side while I was at work.
The fourth picture shows where I bumped the kangaroo, not much damage but will defiantly need a new lens cover.
In the last picture you can see in the tray that I have replaced the metal panel that covers the fuel filler assembly. I did that years ago because the bottom of it had been destroyed by rust. I didn't think at the time to check the pipes underneath for rust (and I still haven't looked myself, but my mechanic tells me that they are rusting)
Attachments
EngineBay.jpg
RustPatch2.jpg
Drivers side behind the door.
Drivers side behind the door.
Front drivers side indicator
Front drivers side indicator
Tray
Tray
nutter

Hi, If you are parting it out would I be able to get the Dash (guages)Surround and possibly the MightyBoy Badge off the front Grill or the whole grill?
How much did you want for the whole car and is it an auto or manual?
Thanx Dan