Head gasket question

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
eris58

Hi all.
I've just had my cylinder head fully serviced off my Mb (f8b motor) as had a very fine leak. I purchased a VRS kit and ready to start putting it together I checked the Oil feed hole for the cylinder head from the block and noticed the hole will be 80% covered by the metal ring in the gasket. One concern is that when I tauque the head down it my have occluded the feed port to the head. Question. Does anyone know a good brand head gasket that is a correct fit, I'll take this vrs kit back but still short a head gasket. I was a bit sus when I purchased the kit from Autobarn for $68.00 thinking it was cheap. Or is this the common price. It was the only brand they could get. Any help appreciated . :(
eris58

My vrs kit is DM910 Pro-torque brand, the spare parts guy looked up again & said their is another DM911 for a later f8b post 8/85. Has anybody come across this or is there a difference in the 2 f8b head gaskets. And is there a diferance in the F5a and the F8b head gaskets. Any help appreciated
goose360

I used an Ajusa brand head gasket that was supplied by the guy who rebored my block, so I'm not sure where he got it sorry. But I definitely didn't notice any fitment issues. Check out Endurotec too

After a quick google, it does appear that there are two gaskets for F8B engines (80-85 and 86-89 as you said) and it doesn't look like they're compatible.

Do you know what year model your engine is?
eris58

Hi thank you for your reply. No I purchased a MB wreck that I found in a horse paddock. The story was that a guy had this MB and rolled it over just enough to squash the roof. I got it for the motor. the original guy had it rebuilt before putting it in the boy so I don't know what year the car was as no info came with it. Very sad to see the mighty boy being used for this, somewhere for the horse feed to go in the tub,. The motor is perfect I have done about 12,500 k and noticed very fine bubbles in the radiator , did a cylinder leak test and showed pos so took the head off. got it serviced and this is where I'm up to.
eris58

This is the gasket , you can see the Oil feed hole is about 60% covered , this is with the gasket pushed over to expose the hole just the movement on the locating lugs on the block. this out pushing the gasket the oil feed hole is at least 80% covered. I have the other gasket on order
This is the gasket , you can see the Oil feed hole is about 60% covered , this is with the gasket pushed over to expose the hole just the movement on the locating lugs on the block. this out pushing the gasket the oil feed hole is at least 80% covered. I have the other gasket on order
Brayden

I've been using ACL head gaskets for years, and although they're not cheap they are great quality.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.