Alto rsx dash

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Roboclan

How hard is it to fit an alto rsx dash into a mb has anybody done it
Brayden

What year model Alto?
Also are you talking about installing the full dash, or putting an Alto cluster into an MB dashboard?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Roboclan

Not sure I think he said it was an 86 ŕs front cut when I see it I will send photo . So what is normally done with an rs dash ?
Brayden

The cluster from an 86-87 will fit into an MB dashboard, although it isn't a 100% neat fit.
You could install the whole dashboard, although matching up the heater controls and steering column shroud are tricky.
Either way you need to cut and rewire the dashboard loom to match the Alto cluster.
Roboclan

Hi Brayden
i went and had a look at the front cut. long story short.i couldn't really see it as he had already disassembled it. he was making a standard alto into an rs.had all the parts even rs seats ect. anyway he wants $2500 for front cut and the other alto not licensed.
he was a mechanical engineer (woohoo)he now only works on bmw mustangs and minis.
i asked him if he could fit the engine for me as he has a workshop. he quoted me $70 an hour said it would take 3 weeks at 8 hours a day thats $8400.
reconds that to put the motor in the mb he also had to pull out the dash and put in a new wiring loom. is this true?
theres more but lets just with this first
thanks rob
Brayden

I need to know the year model of the front cut before I can give you accurate advice.
mowog

Not for me to discourage anyone but you are looking at way overcapitalising on this.
There are mighty boys available in Perth a lot cheaper and already up and running with good bodies and paint, turbos, etc, registered, on the road, everything you would want, the price you have been quoted seems to me to be he doesn't really want the job and/or doesn't know how to do it and you are going to pay for his education.
It's easy to get carried away but look at it a bit harder.