Suzuki Carry ST90

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
steggles54

Hi guys does anyone know if I can put a five speed gearbox out of a 1000cc F10 engined Suzuki onto my ST 90 Carry with a F8a engine and replace the four speed? my engine is good with only 120K on the clock I still have the original 12" rims on but its screaming at 80 k an hour, so I wondered if the two engines were compatible with the five speed box? or am I better to just stick some 13" wheels on to increase the ground speed? any help appreciated. Cheers Steggles.
murryinc

Bigger rims if you can get some. My carry revs but remember there designed to rev these little engines
Brayden

As above. Try larger wheels first, if that doesn't work then check to see if a Sierra diff would lower the RPM. Bear in mind that if you knock these little motors out of their peak torque band they become real pigs to drive.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
steggles54

I have divided loyalties with this Susy, being the round headlight high roofed model I found a set of four 12" jelly beans at Bendigo swap meet for $30 and have purchased centre caps and nuts, so I would prefer to keep the 12" wheels, but if I buy the five speed gearbox attached to the F10 will it fit on to my F8 engine I can get all the linkages and even the diff off the same vehicle if it fits without putting the engine in as well? thank you for your feedback guys any help appreciated. Cheers Gerald.
Brayden

If you have access to all the running gear from an SK410 you'd be mad not to stick it all in the ST90. :twisted:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.