EOI: 1980 Suzuki Carry van ST90V

Need to offload some Suzuki parts? Do it here.
Zoognoogle

Hey guys thinking about letting my little blue beast go, or at least find out what it might be worth.
Its a 1981 carry van that i inherited from a great aunt. 70 000k's on it pretty mint original condition.
I've added a 2 inch exhaust exhaust system with a 2.5inch side exit dump in front of the rear wheel he he. (still have original exhaust). Has little bug eye spotties added and the front number plate shifted fully JDM yo to the bottom corner. Oh and a big tacho. Also has jelly been 13' mags to come with it but i think i prefer the black 13' steelies with the chrome dress rings i have on it at the moment. Also have the original 12' rims.

Brand new Torana shocks mounted inside the orignal struts - rides heaps better. Has new brakes all round with new wheel cylinders on the front. New control arm bushes to go in.

Pretty good paint, pretty straight body and rust free.

So whats the little blue bus worth and would anyone be interested in it?
Attachments
6339237005_4af74f3b5e_b (1).jpg
moonbeam71

I know this is an old post but if you are able to give me a few more details regarding the Torana Shocks mounted in the original struts that would be awesome.
I have a 1983 Suzuki Carry and I dont want to retire it as it runs really well except that I need the shocks done and they are no longer manufactured.
What year Torana shocks did you use? Was there any moderations required to mount them in the struts?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Brayden

As I understood it from another thread on this van, when he says the Torana shocks are 'inside' the struts, I think he means they're mounted next to the original struts, towards the centre of the van. Torana shocks wouldn't physically fit inside the struts themselves.

You can still buy original front struts, but they aren't cheap. Another option is to have your current ones rebuilt with new inserts.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
moonbeam71

Thanks Braydon.
I can get the suzuki struts for $600 each from Suzi World. I really want to get it through the roadworthy check because the van does actually run well. Once I get that done I will paint it and do bits to it but I dont want to invest until this job is complete.
aaaaggghh!! I wish I was a little more savvy. :(
moonbeam71

I just went back to the email from SuziWorld and the struts are $305 each so $610 for the 2
I may just have to go with that option if i cant find an alternative. I have a friend coming over with Torana shocks so we will see if it can be done without too much hassle. Any further comments will be greatly appreciated as I need all the help i can get and I LOVE my Suzuki!!
Brayden

$305ea isn't a bad price when you consider how difficult they are to get. I'd take the option of the direct bolt-in replacement. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Zoognoogle

I was quoted about 400 a strut so i looked for a cheaper option. Your correct that they were mounted towards the centre of the van from the strut. I believe they were LC?? torana shocks, as they were relatively short and eye to eye. I ended up selling this van so i cant take any photos for you sorry. Ride was improved incredibly though, although i have no comparison to replacement struts to help you decide.
slimer

This is out of my carry...any one know if there actually is a shock skinny enough to to slide in the tube?......was thinking of using some rear ones from my van (can buy them cheap) and mod them to fit
Attachments
image.jpg
gadj

Go talk to W.W. Shockabsorbers out at Geebung http://www.wwshockabsorbers.com/ They can rebuild yours or find a suitable strut insert.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..