Coolant In The carbie

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Mightydad

A mate of mine has just rebuild his F5A and is getting coolant in the carbie. Any ideas what could be causing this.
I have not looked at it, so not sure myself. :-o

Cheers
Shawno
ssc87

Inlet manifold gasket/manifold has coolant passage
Brayden

Coolant in the carby makes no sense. In the manifold maybe, because as suggested above the inlet manifold has a water jacket that can leak around the gasket face on the head. But for coolant to be inside the carby itself could only happen in a very rare situation, where the inlet manifold is a JDM design (with a coolant passage that runs up into the base of the carby), but the carby itself doesn't have the matching internal plumbing. That would cause coolant to spew out into the carby throats.

Hard to confirm without pics of the carby removed from the manifold.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Mightydad

He are some photos.
Attachments
Coolant carbie.jpg
Coolant Carbie1.jpg
rf4burns

I would be intrested to know if this runs? ; as that much water (carby filled above primary and secoundary throttle butterflys is quite a bit) is enough to cause problems. I would be draining the radiator (if it runs I would warm it up 1st),remove the carby (and if the problem is not apprent) refill the radiator and pressurize it and be seeing where this is coming from.
Get with it ,Get over it ,Get on with it .....OR LEAVE
eris58

Hey did you find out what the matter was??? how this happened... interesting. My only thought was maybe the bypass hose under the thermostat got mixed up with the fuel line??? have you got fuel in the water???
Mightydad

I have not spoken to him again, i will talk to him and find out. I had forgot all about this.