Arklans electric hatch

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Brayden

It would take a lot of work to bring down the drag coefficient of a Hatch. They're designed like a housebrick.
I reckon a Matiz would make a great EV. Small with a very slippery front end design.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
JB

The problem with vehicles like the Hatch, Matiz and a lot of other 'non sporty' Kei cars, when it comes to aero, is how tall they are, particularly at the back. The air separation off the top of the roof, creates a lot of drag. Put simply, an ideal aerodynamic shape is a tear drop, smooth and round at the front (with no holes ie; radiator openings) and a rear tapering to a point. You might notice (particularly with newer SUV's and wagons) a trend in a decently downward sloping roof design, often with a further tapering roof spoiler, with a view to decrease turbulent (drag) air at the rear. The flat floor is a good start.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/14529-2/tamon-avatar.jpg[/img]
mowog

maybe good for drag but pretty useles for putting a load in, give me drag every time. otherwise whats the point of them?
arklan

hatch has a cd of 0.42 and a matiz has a cd of .34
if i was gonna convert another car it would need to be 0.2x or i wouldnt bother
the main thing that increased my range with this car is driving habits, gives some people the shits but it only adds about a minute to any half hour trip

the sloping roof design i see on almost every modern car now, the new civics have the exact same design as the new prius, id love to get one of those newer civics to convert, they handle pretty nicely aswell