F6A twin cam head. On F8B or F8C

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
tylerrattv

So I have a F6A twin cam head for my mighty boy and I have a F8B and a F8C to choose from to put the head on I'm thinking its it's best use the F8C but I'm not sure if the head is compatible with the F8C
Any help would be great. Also whatever engine I choose ill be rebuliding.
Brayden

As far as I know the F6A head onto F8C hasn't been done before, but assuming the stud pattern is the same between F8B and F8C then it should be about the same effort.
Hardest part will be finding pistons with 4 fly cuts. That's been stopping me from doing the same build for a couple of years now.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Psi_Wagon

whats stopping you from getting a decompression plate made? seems far easier than pistons that dont exist?
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Brayden

Yep, a spacer plate would be a quick and simple solution. The trade off is that the standard compression is already low, and I wouldn't want to drop it any further.
Also the stock cast pistons aren't very strong, and it seems like a wasted effort to build a twin cam high-revving motor with a weak bottom end.
tylerrattv

so hopefully the head fits on the F8C and fly cuts are going to have to be done i have a friend who can do that so thats easy. im thinking ill turbo it to but maybe use the carby or maybe use the triple carb setup i have. or make a manifold and use the Matiz ECU.. 
Brayden

Also worth mentioning something recently discovered here:
http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... 9&start=15
The DOHC head doesn't line up with F8 bores. What that means in terms of engine function I can't say, but it looks far from ideal.