F8B to G10 swap...I got QUESTIONS!

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
makenzie71

First, I'm in the USA and the Mighty Boy just doesn't exist here...not as many resources for me.  Please forgive me if I'm asking things that are common knowledge elsewhere.

Okay, I have what's called a GK-34 make by Roketa.  It has an 800cc three cylinder engine that I am told is a clone of the F8B.  I am considering swapping this out for a G10.

Here's my current situation:

Lots of smoke.  I have smoke at startup and heavy smoke on acceleration.  Not much on decel.  I have tiny puffs coming from the PCV.  No smoke coming from fuel dip stick tube if I pull the tube while the engine is running.  I have 150psi compression, dry, across the board.  I tried a wet test and it had no noticeable effect on compression.

I'm looking at probably needing new oil rings and valve seals, minimum, but it likely needs to be overhauled completely.  If you guys have any suggestions here I'd love to hear them.

This is where the G10 comes in.  The F8B does not have parts available in the states so getting parts is proving to be difficult.  The G10 was sold in plenty here in the Swift and Geo Metro and parts are plentiful.  It seems I can buy a running, but beaten, Metro and rebuild the engine for roughly the cost of getting all the stuff required for an overhaul on the F8B...plus I can get a 5-speed this way.

My biggest question at the moment is the size of the G10 vs the F8.  I went and looked at a metro earlier today and it looked like the engine was offset much further to the right of the output shafts than on my F8.  I expect the engine to already be bigger, but if it's shifted that far to the right I'm not sure I'll be able to clear my suspension.  I would love it if you guys could advise me on this detail...it might just be a trick of the eye.