Dan's Yellow MightyBoy (yet to be named)

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
danJa

Hi Guys,
I've been a long time fan of MightyBoys but only just went out and bought one after working on one at work (I'm a mechanic and auto-electrician) So I bought one over in Perth sight unseen, flew over and drove it back to Adelaide. 
20171024_131803.jpg
20171026_113113.jpg
So yeah I was pretty happy with that, But a little about it, It's a 1985 MightyBoy has been resprayed (just a closed door re-spray), Has got over 400,000km on the clock!
20171024_175145.jpg
Has got an F8B fitted but as I have worked out that it still has the F5A box, and uses the F5A manifolds :/
On the way back, I felt the driver's seat break so I drove the rest of the way with a suitcase wedged behind it but when I got home this is what I found:
20171030_103510.jpg
So I have had that all fixed up and have fitted gti seats
20171104_132050.jpg
So that is where it is at at the moment. 
But my plans for it are,
-relocate battery to behind passenger seat,
-fix up/ replace dash (has been hacked up badly to fit stereo), and replace the heater core while in there (cos there is no hoses going to it, so I assume it leaks)
-remove the F8B to set up with efi and correct gearbox (meanwhile I will use fit a F5A to run about with while i work on that), wondering on a stealth way to fit the efi, like fitting of the throttle body on top of manifold so can fit standard air filter assembly.
-then before I put everything back in strip it right down for full respray (I reckon I like the BumbleBee yellow so I will stick with that) and repair the few minor bits of rust.

So yeah, I'll try to keep you guys updated, and will probably ask for some advice too!
Brayden

Woah, that's an impressive effort to get across the Nullabor! :-o

If you're going to relocate the battery inside the cabin, legally you have to use a sealed solid state battery or a sealed box that's vented.
You don't have the same legal problems with EFI under the current NCOP. The MB is classified as a commercial/4x4 and doesn't need to comply with emissions, so you can fit EFI legally with no issues. If you want it stealth just for the factory look, try and source the throttle body injection setup from a 95-98 Alto G10B. :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
danJa

Thanks Brayden, 
Yes I have a plan hashed out that would allow for it, once I have the bits together and some photos, I'll post it up.
and for the EFI it's more just the idea to nix the carby, but would like keep it looking fairly stock. (yes the battery box runs counter that but what I intend will look pretty tidy)
Zuffen

Our Boy had the exact same cracks in it when we got it.  Some fat dude must have owned it.

We replaced the floor with a Matiz floor and use the Matiz mounting points with Nissan S15 seats.

Well done on the drive across.  A brave undertaking in an "unknown" car.
danJa

Well I would fit the bill of "some fat bloke" but i was just the final straw and the passenger side was heading the same way, but that won't happen again.
mine now has gti seats on standard rails.
I gave it a good once over, before and took a reasonable bag of tricks to cover a lot of options, plus have family at Esperence so I could double check things after a good days drive, for any final issues.  But yes potentially problematic
CHR15 N

Yeah Top Effort. If you like driving come up for the next Sydney Cruse!  :wink: