engine recondition plus gear box

Chat about anything and everything.
frednutz

hi all,
in the near future will be wanting to get a f8b motor and gearbox done .not sufficiently skilled enough and not having probably the required equipment .so looking for some suggestions on who might be available, there are a couple of minor problems .
1 car and myself in Bairnsdale .
2 engine and gearbox in Melbourne .
so probable solution is bring  parts to Bainsdale find some one here .or some one skilled in job in Melbourne or surrounds get job
and when completed i bring car up and get transfer done there.
so any help  gratefully received .
located ferntreegully victoria
Brayden

I recommend calling SuziWorld. They've rebuilt engines and gearboxes for me and shipped to Canberra with no fuss. I can't fault their workmanship.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
JB

I agree with Brayden, I've had an engine built and a gearbox serviced by Mick at Suziworld, and would recommend him to any Mighty Boy owner.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/14529-2/tamon-avatar.jpg[/img]
frednutz

hi JB
it is the engine i got from you :)
JB

Ok! I hope it all works out well, I've slowly been working on another F8B and pretty much everything has been difficult; block is just ok (could have used sleeves), had to have pistons hpc coated to compensate for bores (couldn't get os pistons without going custom), head needed welding, etc etc. The joys of 'old' cars...
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/14529-2/tamon-avatar.jpg[/img]
frednutz

Yes ,going through that with my other addiction have a 65 Morris mini panel van been in bits for seven years  finally under way again .
luckily have spare complete power units engine/gearbox but still comes down to time and money.
Last edited by frednutz on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brayden

I'm starting on a '51 Morris Minor coupe soon. Just need to finish and sell one more MB.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.