Scott's f8c conversion

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Brayden

FYI the Hatch 3 leaf setup is rated slightly lower than the mono parabolic leaf on an MB - if that matters to you. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
xlent_24

Nah I'm not worried I've been told they ride nicer with the 3 leaf, and I want to get them reset abit lower aswell
xlent_24

One of my next hurdles is mating up the mb speedo with the matiz transaxle, if anyone has any input feel free to let me know on this issue
xlent_24

Ok so I've been racking my brain about this left hand side cv shaft and after a few quick calls today people either don't want to know about shortening it or there is a 2.5 week wait and I don't want it to hold up my conversion process so I've cut it down myself at this stage just to keep going and I'll get one properly cut and shut af a later date...
Attachments
Finished product should get me outta trouble for the time being
Finished product should get me outta trouble for the time being
Cut some 1 inch pipe I had in half and sat over each side and welded up
Cut some 1 inch pipe I had in half and sat over each side and welded up
Made up s little jig to cut the shaft straight, cut 60mm and v the shaft out, welded up and ground back
Made up s little jig to cut the shaft straight, cut 60mm and v the shaft out, welded up and ground back
xlent_24

Back on wheels again, sits a little higher with the matiz struts but I'll lower it down when I'm put in in my good mighty boy
Attachments
20180723_215241.jpg
Brayden

Interesting that it sits higher with the Matiz struts - you used the Matiz hubs too, right?
xlent_24

Yep used the matiz hubs and struts, mb springs and tops, the matiz spring seat is slightly higher then the mb spring seat on the strut, not by much, not too concerned as I'll be lowering it anyway
xlent_24

Quick update, been busy with a few other things I have on the go but I've managed to mount the clutch cable, cut the hole in the firewall for the shifter cables and mounted the shifter
xlent_24

been a while since I've posted any updates, a far but has happened, first of all I had a guy basically walk in off the street and offer good money for my mb so I sold it.... tho not all is lost he only bought the car not all the spares and conversion, so I have decided to resurrect the suzuki ss40v hatch I have.
I have now put the f8c conversion in the hatch, wired it and have had it running
p.s if any one is wrecking a hatch I'm chasing parts.
Attachments
side view need some doors and a guard or two
side view need some doors and a guard or two
front view of the hatch
front view of the hatch
battery in the back
battery in the back
wiring for battery re location in
wiring for battery re location in
engine in, sits alot lower in this then the mb bit of a massage and the bonnet will close
engine in, sits alot lower in this then the mb bit of a massage and the bonnet will close
Brayden

Using a Hatch works out well, because the bonnet is flatter and the side wings are higher. No clearance issues for the manifold!
xlent_24

yeah definitely makes life easier, it does still hit but as zuffen said earlier, you can trim up the top of the manifold and throttle body which takes about 20mm off the top so that will get it all fitting sweet