what im up 2

Chat about anything and everything.
chomp on this

Ok ive decided i want mighty boy now and want to put the turbo f6a motor in it.... or buy one with the motor already in it..

ive got some info about the cuts at just jap and adelaide jap.
I assume its gonna cost to much money to transport the cut from just jap here... and then the mighty to adleiade with the cut... and i dont really wanna buy the one at just jap....

SO... have u guys seen the little white turbo alto at John Verbans aka http://www.yahoomotorsport.com ?????? the NON 4wd one

im un-aware of what motor that alto has in it so im assuming an f6a..
To get to the point the car is only $1500 and its a full car and i only need the motor dash and gearbox.... aswell as selling the other parts if someone needs them...

I would much prefer to buy a mighty with the alto conversion already done but if there is none around....
which option would u choose....????

1) just jap cut... to adelaide would total around $2000 (dohc 29 000 km with a dash)

2) ad jap dohc cut with no panels or dash for $2200

3)the FULL alto at yahoo for 1500.. But un-aware if its a f6a...

cheers guys if u know of a turbo mighty already done and for sale PM me aswell as please leaving your feedback here for these other options... cheers...kyall
none for ya
Brayden

The $1500 Alto at Yahoo is an F5A turbo, not F6A. The only F6A powered car in his range is the auto Cervo.

Whichever of the three options you choose though, just be aware that engineering of an F6A into an MB can get very expensive very quickly.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
chomp on this

thanks brayden....

what info do yas have about the f5 turbo...
any one running a f5a turbp in a mighty and/or familiar with the conversion process??

cheers
none for ya
Brayden

Conversion process for the F5A is the same as an F6A - tricky and expensive. ;)

Info on the F5A turbo is that it is the predecessor to the F6A. 3 cylinder 543cc turbocharged EFI. I have one (although not in an MB) and they're fairly zippy for what they are.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Almost a Mini

Brayden wrote:Conversion process for the F5A is the same as an F6A - tricky and expensive. ;)

Info on the F5A turbo is that it is the predecessor to the F6A. 3 cylinder 543cc turbocharged EFI. I have one (although not in an MB) and they're fairly zippy for what they are.
F5A or F5B? The F5A (DOHC turbo) in (well, out :) ) of my CA72V Alto most definately uses the same block, crank, oil pump and water pump as a Oz-spec F5A. Not that I've tried, but I still cant see why these wouldn't more or less bolt straight into a MB. . .I'm not sure about the 5 speed trans (mounts may be different) and the rear engine mount would have to be changed (the inlet manifold etc is where the rear mount on an MB is) but other than that, it looks pretty similar to me. . .
The F5B on the other hand, is a whole different ball game. . .even though it's only 4cc's bigger than the F5A, EVERYTHING is different.

On the subject of F5A engines, could anyone tell me the number that is cast onto the beam of a SOHC atmo F5A conrod? The rods on my DOHC turbo F5A have the same big-end size (and I think the same length) as a 'normal' rod but they have slightly bigger pins (18mm vs 16mm). I only have an F8 rod to compare with. . .and the case in numbers are different to the turbo rods. I assume that SOHC F5A and F8Bs have the same rods, but I'd like to be sure. . .

Thanks,
Pete in Perth
chomp on this

Well... F5A (is it DOHC turbo? )....
Can anyone give me a basic rundown on what is takes to fit this little beast in a mighty.. will the dash fit? and gearbox?
major problems etc?

I will have to find someone to do it all properly aswell(definately adelaide)... and probally get a ecu tuned in.

All i need to know...
what needs to be actually done so i can find someone to do it?
a good $ price figure?
and a rough timeline

so i can take this mighty to adelaide and get mechanicals sorted.

once engine is in and running sweet etc... i will also get interior done and bodywork and paint all done in adelaide aswell but we will worry about that later.. :wink:

so throw me all the f5a info yas have on this thread al relating to a mighty boy :| :?: :-o
none for ya
mowog

I know someone putting a 5 speed box on an F8 the box is out of a 4WD F6??? and he had had to change the driveshafts, clutch and pressure plates, and the chassis has to be modified as well so it is not a bolt in job.