petecarry

car 013.JPG
hey guys some pics of the motor i imported
Attachments
car 011.JPG
car 012.JPG
car 008.JPG
Karu

Lucky you have an electric fuel pump because I doubt whether the fuel pump on the head will fit under the drivers seat. The inlet manifold is different, is it a side-draught carby Pete?
petecarry

yes your right i noticed that but ill just put mine on cheers
Karu

Did you find the engine number Pete?
petecarry

yes engine number is there.
Mardy

Old thread, I know...but does anyone know if this conversion was finished. Interested to know how it goes. Looking around on the net, I have found you can get the same f10a and 5 speed box with efi as well.....would be nice.
http://www.everychina.com/f-z51da798/p- ... ngine.html
I know nothing....realy! Just ask me....
nawti

we have imported 2 efi versions, one is in and running. haven`t driven it yet ute still needs to be registered.

the 5 speed is no good its shorter, we didnt get the matching tailshaft the shaft is tiny!,the cable mounting brackets are different position so the cables are to long and i wouldnt use that box anyway it weigh half of the original, the CAS runs off the flywheel so we modded the original box to mount the cas, so if you buy one try get one without the box or at least get the tailshaft to with it

cheers
Mardy

Thanks mate! Just the kind of information I was looking for.
I would be happy enough with just a complete inlet manifold setup to bolt onto a one of our f10a's....as long as it came with injectors, TPS and water temp sensor you could use a G13a dizzy for the CAS. Run it off a Megasquirt ECU ( which has a built in MAP sensor ) and all would be sweet.
Smooth response, a little more power and better economy.....plus a turbo later on.... :)
nawti

Yes you could also do it that way, getting just them parts will be a mission though, i will be putting a turbo on mine :), a local shop close to me has one that does about 140-150 hp at the wheels.
Mardy

Thats a bit to much for me...especially in a van. In a ute would be ok, with their lower center of gravity....less likely to 'do a richard hammond'....
Tonywill

HI,
i know this is an old post but how did you go fitting the engine/gearbox?

thanks